Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I received a recorded delivery letter from Alfa Romeo on Saturday saying that they are recalling all Alfa Romeo 156's for inspection and fixing of the bonnet closure catch.

There is to be no charge for any inspection or work carried out. So if you haven't been notified, then please contact your local dealer as soon as.

Dont fancy the bonnet flying up when I am bombing down the motorway.

Hope this is of help to some of you.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is this above and beyond the previous re-call which required an inspection and if required a greasing..?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yep, mine was done Saturday by Lombarda Alfa.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how old is this notification??? anything to do with Fiat bonnet catches that fly open with a gust of wind?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The notification is new, this week, afaik. The issue has been ongoing for a while.

Don't worry about it....a bit of lube and instruction to keep it maintained will be all it entails.

wrinx

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Us 147 drivers have been receiving these notices for at least the past 6 months or so.

My first letter cam 2 weeks ago so it just seems like they are steadily working their way through us all. :)

General consensus seems to be that it's just an inspection + clean & re-lube of the catch as necessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts