Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally gave in the Bonnet catch recall letters today. I took it to Desira in Bury, where they squirted some WD40 on it. (Glad they did it, as that's a job I could have never attempted!:rolleyes:) They didn't even clean the bloody catch! Instead They then took the oppotunity to make a list of minor defects.
When I got back to the Garage the guy sat me down and started reading a list, which included 'aftermarket air filter fitted' (I fitted), Air mass meter not connected (It was, car wouldn't bloody run otherwise) , SLIGHT leak from gear box, pointless trim missing from under skirts, no undertray (took that off last week, before it fell off) and Broken exhaust bracket . My reply - well it's a 12 year old Alfa with 130K, what do you expect? I had to ask if they'd actually looked at the bonnet catch! The cars probably worth half of what they would charge me put those right! Nice try Desira, thanks for cleaning the car though. But can't help thinking that someoene was a bit bored there today!:lol:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I finally gave in the Bonnet catch recall letters today. I took it to Desira in Bury, where they squirted some WD40 on it. (Glad they did it, as that's a job I could have never attempted!:rolleyes:) They didn't even clean the bloody catch! Instead They then took the oppotunity to make a list of minor defects.
When I got back to the Garage the guy sat me down and started reading a list, which included 'aftermarket air filter fitted' (I fitted), Air mass meter not connected (It was, car wouldn't bloody run otherwise) , SLIGHT leak from gear box, pointless trim missing from under skirts, no undertray (took that off last week, before it fell off) and Broken exhaust bracket . My reply - well it's a 12 year old Alfa with 130K, what do you expect? I had to ask if they'd actually looked at the bonnet catch! The cars probably worth half of what they would charge me put those right! Nice try Desira, thanks for cleaning the car though. But can't help thinking that someoene was a bit bored there today!:lol:
The parts people know me by my first name ha ha, and everytime they see me they say 'What have you broken this time' :cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
88 Posts
A squirt of WD40 and not even giving the catch a clean first!. I might use them for spares, but i wouldn't trust them to service my toaster:)!

·
Registered
497 Posts
my arb was completely screwed could pull it from side to side (was booked in to alfa shop for the week after) desira didnt notice it, yet they wanted to change the front badge :confused:

·
Administrator
23,040 Posts
We've had the 147 for 10 years now. Yesterday we got the bonnet catch recall letter again (3rd one in 9 years).

Ignored it - been lubing the affected part (ooh-er matron) off and on over the years. Letter had other useful info though - did you know that if the catch is not fully secured the bonnet isn't closed properly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts