Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can get a bonnet bra/bib for the GT? I’ve had a quick google search but haven’t found anything as yet.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Bad idea! Dirt will get trapped under it and get ground into the paint as the bra moves around. Get on to Lamin-X and look at their clear paint protection film.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i have a full bra for my GT. indeed, you need to take car with it; in particular, the paintwork needs to be perfectly clean before fitting it, to avoid scratches. it probably doesn't suit people using the car as a daily driver; for me, i nearly always only drive the GT in fine weather (not rain, let alone snow), and my car is kept pristine in a garage with a car cover between drives.

it also isn't overly attractive. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL97/467659/9659844/255640847.jpg

move forward a few years, and with my 159, i bought a clear film kit. i am very, very happy with it; a friend gave me tips on applying the bonnet piece (he works with graphics on vehicles), then i applied the rest of it at home.

there are presumably similar kits in the UK, or you can probably order from this place in Queensland, Australia. they have a GT kit (i have thought about applying it to my GT, but meh, i have the bra):
Duco Scratch Online Store:

:)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
the front of my GT is virtually pristine (as is the rest of the paintwork). not sure how yours compares. i only use the bra when driving on the highway. if i'm attending a 'show', i take it off when i arrive. my car's won a number of awards.

i totally understand the usual response about them being 'ugly'. fortunately, my car is black; however, my local car bra producer offers them in heaps of colours now.

i dunno, but i rather have 'ugly' than a badly stone chipped car. but as i said, now that clear film kits are readily available, i'd go that option instead.

:)

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
as far as i can see all it does is undo all the good work Alfa have done in creating a stunningly beautiful car,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts