Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, long term forum lurker here.
I recently got back into the joys of alfa ownership with a Cloverleaf GT 1.9.
So I have had a dig through the old forum posts about changing bonnet and boot badges and I am a bit confused as to changing the bonnet badge. From what I can gather on the older pre 05 GT's the badge was bolted into the grill housing and the whole lot needs to come out. I am sure I have read on the newer ones you can just drill into the badge and (gently) tear it out. Mine is a 58 plate but before I try destroying the existing badge I want to know I am on the right track. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The GT bonnet badge comes with the chrome trim and is held by a single bolt and double-sided tape. Remove the bolt and slide dental floss behind the trim to remove the tape.

Pat Number 60681590 or the Blackline version 156073274

You can of course look for aftermarket badges, just prise out the old one, not sure of the size but shouldn't be too hard to find.

All the best

Pub

Reactions: Mighty-147

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers pub, I will have a look later today. Got some of the finest Chinese eBay badges coming in the post. Can't be any worse than the standard ones!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
After three rear badges and two bonnet badges in ten years I got fed up with the cost of the original so I tried the cheap eBay ones. They looked ok at first but after 6 months they look terribly worn. I've just put a new original boot badge on the 147, but the bonnet badge isn't available from the usual suppliers anymore and Alfa will likely resort to back order, so I've gone for the stick on type from Alfa Workshop which is equal in quality to the original....so not the best, but better than the fakes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Guys, long term forum lurker here.
I recently got back into the joys of alfa ownership with a Cloverleaf GT 1.9.
So I have had a dig through the old forum posts about changing bonnet and boot badges and I am a bit confused as to changing the bonnet badge. From what I can gather on the older pre 05 GT's the badge was bolted into the grill housing and the whole lot needs to come out. I am sure I have read on the newer ones you can just drill into the badge and (gently) tear it out. Mine is a 58 plate but before I try destroying the existing badge I want to know I am on the right track. Cheers!
I had a 08 plate Cloverleaf and tried to change the badge, found a guide on you tube but the single retaining bold was firmly in place and not to be dislodged despite no lack of trying. Alas the new badge was never fitted and the car moved on!
Love the pic, reminds me of mine, looks
stunning in red!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I assume the badges on ebay are the same as the ones on Aliexpress? 74mm bonnet badges. Cheap enough you can buy in lots of 10 for $11.00 Au an when it looks a bit worn just swap it out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Have a look at shop4parts and price up there for a genuine one. The bonnet badge on my 156 was chipped and on its way to fading. Cost me a little over £30 for it and 10 minutes to swap over. I'm lucky as they are about half an hour away, but they'll post.

Between you me and the gate, I felt really strange buying it, because it wasn't something I needed, but was purely cosmetic. I'm usually over there for broken or worn bits to replace.... But in this case, it looks a lot better for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope you still have your Cloverleaf GT.
I could really use a good photo of the cloverleaf badge and indicator
so that I can place the badges in the correct position!
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts