Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it, when whenever we get a nice evening someone decides to light a bonfire.

Nice evenings are rare enough as it is, without some idiot forcing us to sit inside with the windows closed because of their stench.

Why can they not light one on one of the many days where it is cold? :rant:

I have a good mind to find out who it is and pay them a visit.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Symon, I was going to write a similar rant myself.

We have bonfire mad neighbours....they ALWAYS seem to light one on a particularly nice day! Grrrrrr! :mad: Not today, though thankfully :)

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Yes, as if we don't already live in an ott Nanny state, lets ban bonfires as well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I have it on very good authority that Annabella like a good bonfire :D

·
Registered
38,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, as if we don't already live in an ott Nanny state, lets ban bonfires as well :rolleyes:
I have no objection to Bonfires per se, it is just the timing.

There are plenty of dull, wet and cold days they could be lit. Why choose a hot one when we could be drying washing, sitting outdoors or just having the windows open?

Plus this is a town, bonfires are for country folk. :p

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
:lol: You may be right, I'm a country bumpkin meself :lol:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have no objection to Bonfires per se, it is just the timing.

There are plenty of dull, wet and cold days they could be lit. Why choose a hot one when we could be drying washing, sitting outdoors or just having the windows open?

Sorry to perhaps ask a silly question, but how easy do you think it would be lighting a bonfire on a cold rainy day? :p

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Ah a British summer evening. A bonfire freak, a barking dog and a Pi55ed up bloke with a big clanging gob at a BBQ. All should be shot in some form or other.

·
Registered
38,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to perhaps ask a silly question, but how easy do you think it would be lighting a bonfire on a cold rainy day? :p
Quite easy if you put dry rubbish underneath all of the vegetation.

My brother manages it, without use of any volatile liquids. :)

N

·
0 Posts
Luckily it's still warm here, so people haven't started up their wood fires yet. :thumbs:

[cough][cough]

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
I love a fire, but my poor Aphrodite is COVERED in ash due to a neighbours fire over the weekend.

Do you mind? The poor baby :(

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Best time for a bonfire is an hour or so before dusk, wind in the best direction to stay away from neighbours and with light rain either falling or imminent. Rain keeps the ash from spreading, plus if it is raining neighbours won't be outdoors or have washing out and complain about ash on their smalls.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts