Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
This looks like a fun exhibition and it's on till December. I'm going to try and get along to see it sometime over the summer

BOND IN MOTION

Why not combine your visit with Beaulieu's 'Simply Italian' car show on 13 May?
Simply Italian Car Rally at Beaulieu

Entry is £10* per person and includes access to BiM, TG and the rest of the attractions.
I went last year - the first - the 'Italian' event was not particularly well attended - not as good as BIAMF - but that does at least leave some room for improvement on Beaulieu's advertising front! It's a lot cheaper than normal entry to Beaulieu.

Quote:
The second Beaulieu ‘Simply Italian’ event takes place on Sunday 13th May and promises to be a great day out for all enthusiasts of Italian marques. Owners of Italian vehicles are invited to bring their car or motorcycle to Beaulieu, both classic and new, and become part of the event. All Italian marques, from Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati and Lamborghini to Ducati, Aprilia and Benelli are welcome.
In addition to individuals arriving in their own cars, the ‘Italian stallions’ of the motoring world will be out in force at the event.
Vehicle Entry
Feel free to turn up on the day. Admission to the event includes entry to the whole Beaulieu attraction including BOND IN MOTION.

Entry into the Beaulieu Parkland with your Italian car is from 9.30am – the Brabazon Restaurant will be open for bacon rolls, cakes, teas and coffees.
Please note that if you wish to park alongside your friends, or fellow club members, you must arrive together as there will be no designated areas available.
Ticket Prices
Adults £10 and children £5 - only valid if arriving in a Italian vehicle, if you buy in advance you will also receive a 10% discount voucher for the Beaulieu shop!

All other visitors please come through Visitor Reception and the standard admission fee applies.
END QUOTE

last years show: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets-and-events-images/280733-beaulieu-italian-car-day-south-central-meet-22-5-11-a.html

PS I'm from also Somerset (Frome)

*Entry is usually £ 19 for adults and £9.50 for kids - so it's a worthwile saving. AND you get to see a lot of Italian cars/bikes!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not combine your visit with Beaulieu's 'Simply Italian' car show on 13 May?
Simply Italian Car Rally at Beaulieu

Entry is £10* per person and includes access to BiM, TG and the rest of the attractions.
I went last year - the first - the 'Italian' event was not particularly well attended - not as good as BIAMF - but that does at least leave some room for improvement on Beaulieu's advertising front! It's a lot cheaper than normal entry to Beaulieu.

Quote:
The second Beaulieu ‘Simply Italian’ event takes place on Sunday 13th May and promises to be a great day out for all enthusiasts of Italian marques. Owners of Italian vehicles are invited to bring their car or motorcycle to Beaulieu, both classic and new, and become part of the event. All Italian marques, from Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati and Lamborghini to Ducati, Aprilia and Benelli are welcome.
In addition to individuals arriving in their own cars, the ‘Italian stallions’ of the motoring world will be out in force at the event.
Vehicle Entry
Feel free to turn up on the day. Admission to the event includes entry to the whole Beaulieu attraction including BOND IN MOTION.

Entry into the Beaulieu Parkland with your Italian car is from 9.30am – the Brabazon Restaurant will be open for bacon rolls, cakes, teas and coffees.
Please note that if you wish to park alongside your friends, or fellow club members, you must arrive together as there will be no designated areas available.
Ticket Prices
Adults £10 and children £5 - only valid if arriving in a Italian vehicle, if you buy in advance you will also receive a 10% discount voucher for the Beaulieu shop!

All other visitors please come through Visitor Reception and the standard admission fee applies.
END QUOTE

last years show: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets-and-events-images/280733-beaulieu-italian-car-day-south-central-meet-22-5-11-a.html

PS I'm from also Somerset (Frome)

*Entry is usually £ 19 for adults and £9.50 for kids - so it's a worthwile saving. AND you get to see a lot of Italian cars/bikes!

Thank you for pointing that out. Brilliant idea! :thumbs:

·
Registered
180 Posts
ive had loads of lotus cars,and i owned a white s1 esprit,yeh the one that went into the sea
(should have stopped there):lol: want to see it?

·
Registered
521 Posts
owned this one in 1990

Did your Lotus live up to expectations: Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious ?

Always liked the series 1 Esprit. The wedge styling looks very dated now though. It's funny how something 'cutting edge' style wise dates but something more conservative can age gracefully.

OTH back in the late '70's I always liked the Triumph TR7 (style wise). A shape that -I think - looks better against its contemporaries now than it did at the time.*

* The Porsche 924 (tiny wheels) / Fiat x1/9 (too girlie)

·
Registered
180 Posts
i had three s1 esprits and two 88 turbo versions,i tell you what they nearly bankcrupted me,give me the reliable alfa anyday;)

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Very pretty. I would love to own one of those. The Spy Who Loved Me is my favourite Bond film - the Lotus Esprit and Barbara Bach - what more could you ask for.
It's my second favourite, OHMSS wins by a whisker in my book because it's got more skiing and it brings a lump to my throat when I watch it.

...But the car in Lotty's photo is PPW503R, from memory the one in TSWLM was PPW306R

·
Registered
180 Posts
correct mine was not the actual bond car my reg was rwo503r,nearly the one but not quite

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I might have to go too, but before 23rd October, when I'll be at the Royal Albert Hall to see the next one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts