Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been there, done that.

Driving home from work early on New Year's eve (in daylight for a change) gave me a chance to see what potholes have developed along my route since summer. I've been hitting most of them on and off and I've memorised where the majority of them are now, but I still get occassionally caught out. :(

Those jolts and crashes have been a bit like flying a bomber through "flak" (complete with dazzling :cool: German searchlights (that'd be the headlamps of the VW behind me). :eek:

No wonder I get home with battle fatigue.

Anyway, the old crate has taken a bit of a pounding. My rims are ALL wrecked :( :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: though Mr MOT man just about let me off with them on the promise that I'd buy new ones.... and my suspension is all over the place.

I had the wishbones and Track Rod ends done not long ago (complete with tracking) but c/o Epsom and Ewell Highways department, my tracking is well out again.

I figured... I keep having it done and it keeps getting shunted deranged again... time I learnt how to do it myself.

A dude a long time ago told me how to do it and it sounded quite simple. Can anyone summarise it into a few paragraphs? I have to put a weight in the footwells and then centre the steering wheel and then measure the distance between the rims.. at least if I can't do it I won't be in any worse position to how it is now (steering pointing to 11 o'clock).

Ralf S.

B

·
0 Posts
Ralf S. said:
Been there, done that.

Driving home from work early on New Year's eve (in daylight for a change) gave me a chance to see what potholes have developed along my route since summer. I've been hitting most of them on and off and I've memorised where the majority of them are now, but I still get occassionally caught out. :(

Those jolts and crashes have been a bit like flying a bomber through "flak" (complete with dazzling :cool: German searchlights (that'd be the headlamps of the VW behind me). :eek:

No wonder I get home with battle fatigue.

Anyway, the old crate has taken a bit of a pounding. :( :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

Ralf S.
:eek: I'd blame The Hun if I were you........damn filthy trick with the lights old boy :D
;) If any VW's,Beemers or Mercs come near my fort I like to turn the Bofors gun on them whilst swilling large G&T's :lol:

.......... :p TALLY HO :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
:confused: The what??
:rolleyes: Has this "tracking" lark got owt to do with trains?
:eek: We used to give Fritz's trains a good pasting in our Typhoons a while back..............whilst swilling large G&T's of course :D

...........CHOCKS AWAY...............hope this helps :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
:eek: DAKKA,DAKKA,DAKKA :eek:
"Our Spits should be in the sky,not sat at dispersal waiting for Jerry to come over"......Douglas Bader(ish).....a Fine Fella when Britain was "Great" (an essential inspiration of Sir Trafford Leigh Mallory's "big wing" principle)

:confused: What this has to do with Alfas and tracking I have absolutely no idea :D........I'm prolly on the wrong forum :eek:

:cool: Large G&T's all around in the NAAFI :cool:

.............. :p CHOCK'S AWAY..............CONTACT :) :D

B

·
0 Posts
wrinx said:
I'll have a kilo......

wrinx
:confused: Eh????????

;) Gin comes by the litre.........I presume this is what you mean :rolleyes:

:p FULL AHEAD BOTH No 1 (token Navy term to go with my Avatar fort) :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts