Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into the local car spares place and they have a set of four BOGE springs for 85gbp. They'll lower the car about 30mm.

Has anyone heard of these or tried them, are they any good, and is the price ok??

cheers, wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi wrinx,
I believe BOGE are the OE suppliers for Audi, VW and BMW (Aaaargh !!!) suspension components. They might also be the same as G-Max, but that is just something I have probably made up.
The german cars are said to handle well in their sporty forms, so maybe that is an indication as to how good the kit is. Who knows ???

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BOGE are also original struts on my beloved 164 S (or QV). These are electronic ones.

So, as you see, not every spare in these Italian cars is from Dante's land....

Juan
155Q4
164 S

·
Registered
177 Posts
Boge is actually the manufacturer of the 155 original shockabsorbers. It is a brand owned by Sachs. And Saschs usually means good quality.

/A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a set of Boge uprated dampers & 30mm lowering springs fitted to my silverstone a while ago, to be honest the after market ones are cheap & nasty. The ride was harsh & choppy, a different world to a decent set of Koni's etc. They also seemed to lower the car a lot more than 30mm... strange, watch your sump & front splitter on rough roads!...

Alex
['94 Silverstone]

·
Registered
715 Posts
E I B A C H

If I change mine on my new 155, these are the ones for me. These are what are fitted if the 156's suspension is lowered by a dealer. Speaking to a cheif technicial at Alfa, he says you don't lose the ride quality but get the handling. In the past I've had PI, Spax and Jamex on a few cars and they have been a bit choppy, though the standard 155 S suspension is still firm compared to the Super. This is why I might not change mine. 40 profile tyres don't help either!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts