Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never been a fan of bodywork transfers. I have debadged the bootlid which every GTV/spider owner should do in my opinion. It cleans the back end up nicely. This is why i cant understand what made me fit these cloverleaf stickers to my beloved Alfa.

Whats the general opinion on these before i remove them?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
not a fan of them personally, although they do look better on different colour GTVs.
1st things 1st I'd change the indicators to clear, then the clover might look better

S

·
0 Posts
I'm missing the "GTV" badge, it just says "T.Spark 16v" on mine. Was thinking of debadging the boot.

Any tips? I don't want to end up with those black glue marks and outlines that you can see when they debadge Corsas and 316is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have got smoked (clear) indicators on order, hope they look as nice as the clear ones. Will post an updated pic when fitted, probably with the clover off!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I debadged mine - hot water and sponge and plastic scraper and some patience!
The clean look is good, but I do wonder that it increases the car's chav potential.

Thinking of ordering a Q2 bagde, yay or nay ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a hair dryer, CAREFULLY, not to blister the paint and then a good rubbing compound to blend in the unfaded paint followed by lots of Auto glym. You cant beat it at the price. Easy to go on, easy to come off and it smells lovely!

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Phil and Evie for the tips.

I did wonder about the chavisiation element, but then when I bought it with chromaflair paint and non-teledial wheels it was already fairly non-standard.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
never been a fan of bodywork transfers. I have debadged the bootlid which every GTV/spider owner should do in my opinion. It cleans the back end up nicely. This is why i cant understand what made me fit these cloverleaf stickers to my beloved Alfa.

Whats the general opinion on these before i remove them?
Those green stickers don't suit your blue GTV. I kind of think those things ought to be added only if you've got a tweaked car, one putting out more power than a standard one.

I'd lose the mud flaps too, sorry :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
remove the badges using a fishing line, works like cheese wire but wont scratch the paint as its nylon, then the black adhesive left behind will come of with wd 40.

S

·
0 Posts
remove the badges using a fishing line, works like cheese wire but wont scratch the paint as its nylon, then the black adhesive left behind will come of with wd 40.
That's a handy tip, thank you!

Evie - Your GTV looks great BTW, but I do feel that clover stickers look best on red? As in the old F1 cars eg.

Clear repeaters would set her off nicely too :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I quite agree. Mud flaps there for a reason. 1 to cover the chipped paint from when there were no mud flaps and 2 i do a lot of miles travelling for work on back roads. Dumfries to Ayrshire, what a road! (as long as there are no tractors or trucks) i would hate to see what the car would be like without them!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ive got a GTV badge in its original position and then debadged the 3.0 v6 24v and put a Q2 badge instead, il try and dig up a photo.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've de-badged mine too, used dental floss to lift the decals off and removed the residue of sticky foam with bug and tar spray, then t-cut the area and waxed it up!

S

·
0 Posts
I quite agree. Mud flaps there for a reason. 1 to cover the chipped paint from when there were no mud flaps and 2 i do a lot of miles travelling for work on back roads. Dumfries to Ayrshire, what a road! (as long as there are no tractors or trucks) i would hate to see what the car would be like without them!
Was thinking of mudflaps myself as I can't keep mine clean as the road to my work is a building site. Have some generic mudflaps in the shed, but the arch behind the rear wheel isn't exactly square, so might look for Alfa ones like yours. Yours look better being the proper fit.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm missing the "GTV" badge, it just says "T.Spark 16v" on mine. Was thinking of debadging the boot.

Any tips? I don't want to end up with those black glue marks and outlines that you can see when they debadge Corsas and 316is.
Warm them up withh a hairdryer .............. use a bit of ishing line or dental floss behing them and they'll drop off ........... a bit of engine degreaser on a rag will get rid of the gluey gunk left behind.........Give it a bit of a polish withsome coloured waxx.............. a coat of good wax over the top........... Stand back and admire. 1/2 hour job.........

Do it you'll love it............. I did !!!!!

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The stickers ???? ............. No no no no no !!! ............. But then I don't like any kind of stickers on cars.........

Cheers to All
Peter

1 - 20 of 31 Posts