Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have scraped and severely dented both my front driver's side wing and my rear driver's side wing of my 159 on a pillar in a car park this week (feel like such an idiot).

Can somebody please recommend the best place to get these repaired in the Greater Mancheater area? (I'm in Bolton). I'm looking for best quality work, not necessarily cheapest.

Many thanks,

Toby

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just had mine come out of boundary garage in Bury, they did a good job. Unfortunately I don't know what their prices are like as mine was done compliments of the insurance company. ( A metro salvage van decided he would like to side swip my GT)
They did quote me £200 to respray my bonnet as a result from a stone chip tho, I don't know if that's good or bad?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
don't use h samson in bolton whatever you do. they did my old focus and the paint job was atrocious

my old 156 had some repairs done by nationwide crash repairs in swinton and - much to my surprise for a big chain place - they did a really good job

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone recommend Haslams body repair in Bolton? I've heard very good things from a mate but he's not an Alfa owner

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I can recommend S&S Preparations. They primarily restore TR7's in Bacup but they have all the gear including a full size oven. Their work is second to none. They do get busy and you can wait to get the car in.
This kind of thing is not what they normally do, but they do :thumbs:

I have an F355 and it is one of the only places I would have touch the bodywork on my car :)

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
is that the fella who used to be in stubbins/ramsbottom?
Yes I think so. They sold the land to a developer. Before I knew them (Steve and Simon).

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
yep, got replaced by a block of apartments. i live a couple of miles from there, always seemed to be highly regarded locally :thumbs: didn't know he did other marques though, thought it was TR7/8's or bust :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work for Nationwide Accident Repairs. Really glad you (Acapulco Al) were pleased with the work you had done in one of our centres! Thanks for the positive feedback.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
yep, got replaced by a block of apartments. i live a couple of miles from there, always seemed to be highly regarded locally :thumbs: didn't know he did other marques though, thought it was TR7/8's or bust :lol:
Nope, older Ferrari's (Steve has two), TVR's and TBH anything a bit special and the odd 'normal' car.

I saw a Freelander in having the head gasket repaired last year.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your suggestions guys. Think I'm gonna go with a local place. Will have to wait a couple of weeks but, similar to this place in Bacup, the garage was full of prestige cars when I went in there, so that fills me with confidence. :)

There's something about a damaged Alfa that is so much more tragic than a damaged "normal" car! Can't wait to get her looking pretty again.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Yep can understand this wholeheartedly :thumbs:
Good luck with it too :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts