Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As an ownner of a Q4, I always thought that the 155 range lacks of some sort of sporty bodykit, like the ones factory made for the Alfa 75 Turbo Evoluzione, or even for the 164 QV or Q4.
In the case of the 155, they never offer such an alternative.

However, going through the pics of this site registered cars, I noted that the REGISTER # 12, there is a V6 in Japan with a very nice bodykit including rear and side mouldings. OK, the picture is not very big and clear, but it appears to be a really nice equipment for these cars.

Any of you (maybe the Japanese owner is there?) have any tips to help.???

Cheers to you all

Juan
Buenos Aires
Argentina

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there's apost below from march 2002 called "front spoiler, can anyone help...."

It has links to sites that may help you

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wrinx & Marlon, Thanks for the posts.

If you look in detail, the side spoilers are not just colour coded but 'rounder' and bigger than the standard ones.

I noted the boot spoiler similar to the one offered by Alfa in the Sport pack, but if you analize the rear dampers, it seem to be different than the ones we have in our standard cars.

I already sent an e-mail to the japanese owner. I Hope he understands my bad english!!

I also sent with no result a couple of weeks ago a request to the Japanese company that makes the 'DTM look' front spoiler.

Cheers
Juan

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear spoiler looks the same as the one on Alfapats V6. Like you say, it's an Alfa original part.

Marlon

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've blown that photo right up and I have to say the front wheelarches look massive - perhaps he's got that Hormann kit shown here? (check out www.tuningshop.co.uk).

Then again the rear wheel arches don't look any different and these don't look that rounded either. Trick of the light perhaps.
Anyway Lester (www.lester.it) do a few kits, but they are all square-ish looking, not like this Jap car.
Juan re your other post - I also emailed rego-jap or whatever they were - no response either. I will probably end up getting the "DTM spoiler" (which actually looks like the splitter on the Silverstone cars) from Lester instead - a little understated for my taste but there you go.
Cheers,

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Yellow one, Justin.

Maybe the Japanese V6 is equipped with part of the bodykit shown in this site..take a look: http://www.fullboost.com.au/readerscars/alfa_joe.html

Specially the front wheels arches looks fairly similar, not the rear ones. But (there's always a 'but', is it?...) this aussy car doesn't have side mouldings. To be honest, I'm still thinking that the reg. #12 are different.

Anyway, we'll continue searching for these 'rare' things..

cheers

Juan

·
Registered
715 Posts
Someone in Holland got a full works arch kit from Engstler a while back and was going to fit it to a 1.7 TS. Did they do it in the end?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
There is a company called jsm and they said they was going to do 155 gta kit but haddent heard from them for while they are linked to 147 tourer hope ive got the name right ill check later in auto italia

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey Fletch - nice signature.

Yes I'd say you're right Juan - this Japanese car has got something quite different. That rounded look is something I haven't seen before anywhere. Oh and sorry that should say "gap-rego" in my last email.

Does anyone know where we can see a pic of the Engstler kit?

Anyway, here's another couple of nice shots of that Hormann kit again. Hmmm, pity it costs £1,250, plus you'd need some fat tyres to fill out those wheel arches!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Juan, check out the Kombat kit on the car in the Register # 192. Looks sort of similar to the one on # 12. I've emailed Tjeerd before about his wheels (Kahns) so I doubt he would mind you asking him where he got it.
Cheers

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Justin.

It's a kind of 'heavy' shapped mouldings, is it?. I think that Gap-Rego kit looks better, but seems impossible to contact them.
BTW, the japanese owner of reg #12 didn't shown up, in spite of my several e-mails. Strange indeed.
Cheers
Juan
Reg # 49 (now with approx 260 BHP, but feels a lot more!!!)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Andreas,
We have increased the base boost till approx 0.9, and placed an 'H' to slightly "bridge" the Pierburg. Now we feel the turbo boosting strongly from 2300/2500 rpm's.
Plus all the previous mods, 3" exhaust from the turbo onwards (no Kats), chip, K&N cone, waterspray intercooler, top hose conversion, ATE PowerDiscs & pads all around, Toyo Proxes 205/50/15...believe me the car goes really really fast. Bazza told me that with above changes I should have at least 260 bhp...and feels like that or more when on boost.
How is your Q4?? Hopefully in good shape as well.

All the best

Juan

·
Registered
177 Posts
What an impressive list of modifications! I read about the H-bypass of the Pierburg valve on the Evoforum but I have never heard of anyone doing it on a 16V engine. Increasing the base boost; was it done mechanically on the Wastegate?

My Q4 is running well, even though I've had some brake pad related problems recently. But I have just fitted Pagid RS4-2 on the front brakes and made service on the rear calipers (Tar-ox pads are just a littel bit too big and gets stuck during the winter) Specialmade hard bushings and forks are orederd for the front anti-roll bar so the uni-balls just wait to be fitted. Then I hope I will be able to do some chip + de-cat operation for the trackday (evening) I arrange next tuesday. We'll see.

Paty hard!

/A

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't believe that my Q4 mods are so impressive. Just within the limits we can push from the standard equipment, maintaining reliability. No new turbo or engine inner mods. Is not the time to do so, yet. However, feels really strong summing up all the things we changed.

cheers

Juan

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys, sorry to hijack the body kit discussion, but Andreas\Juan what suspension\anti-roll setup are you guys running on your Q4's? I've just got mine & it has the electronic dampers & just the same amount of body roll the Silverstone has! Bummer.

On the bodykit front, does anyone know if anyone produces a Zegato or GTA replica? I don't really like the lines of the Hormann kit & there's just something not right with the lester one.

cheers,
Alex

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Alex, one of the things you can do is fit the thicker Anti Roll bar from a Lancia Dedra Integrale to the Q4. It is about 20% stiffer and you can feel the difference, if you add a front strut brace at the same time, it makes a hell of a difference.

The one problem with the anti roll bar is that you need to drop the front subframe to get it fitted.

Steve

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just pray you dont need to replace the dampers they are mega mega pricey £250 each on the thema.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts