Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You wouldn't believe it... Just under 3 weeks since taking delivery of my beautiful new Stromboli Grey Speciale, the curse of the careless neighbour has struck (again!!)

So-I need any recommendations of a good body shop in SE London/Kent area. Damage doesn't look too bad other than a nasty scuff on rear bumper/diffuser but sensors look undamaged from what I could see in the pouring rain earlier.

At least they left a note on the windscreen to 'fess up unlike the idiot who sideswiped my other car outside my house on Sunday morning (it only having returned from the main dealer body shop a week earlier after another careless neighbour). That dealer did an awful job and it's been back 3 times since.

Oh and before anyone suggests it, I'm going to put the house on the market and look for somewhere with a garage to protect Giulia as I absolutely fed up!

Rant over. The car is sensational and I love it. I just want it to look like it did 3 hours ago.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Ancaster in Dartford use a place in Sidcup. Looks a bit back street but they did a good job on my Comp Red fuel flap (second time anyway). Ask Ancaster for their details maybe?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Smarty. Much appreciated. I'm actually based in Sidcup so that's quite handy for me. I had phoned Ancaster earlier who promised to call me back with some details but never did... I'll follow-up again tomorrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You wouldn't believe it... Just under 3 weeks since taking delivery
I believe it - a van ran into the back of mine at 5-days old, just paint, no serious damage but I was not calm.
5 days??? I'd be livid!!! Hope it's repaired ok now. What makes me even more angry is that I've had 2 cars damaged in 3 days. And one is my beloved Alfa. I adore it. Best car I'veb driven for years after a long run of French (Renault-Renaultsport), German (high end VW) and Japanese (Lexus).

·
Registered
526 Posts
You wouldn't believe it... Just under 3 weeks since taking delivery of my beautiful new Stromboli Grey Speciale, the curse of the careless neighbour has struck (again!!)

So-I need any recommendations of a good body shop in SE London/Kent area. Damage doesn't look too bad other than a nasty scuff on rear bumper/diffuser but sensors look undamaged from what I could see in the pouring rain earlier.

At least they left a note on the windscreen to 'fess up unlike the idiot who sideswiped my other car outside my house on Sunday morning (it only having returned from the main dealer body shop a week earlier after another careless neighbour). That dealer did an awful job and it's been back 3 times since.

Oh and before anyone suggests it, I'm going to put the house on the market and look for somewhere with a garage to protect Giulia as I absolutely fed up!

Rant over. The car is sensational and I love it. I just want it to look like it did 3 hours ago.
It's a bit of a trek for you but a friend of mine recently had his Giulietta repaired at Veloces in New Barnet. It is Luna Pearl and they did an amazing job of matching in the paint.

·
Registered
445 Posts
5 days??? I'd be livid!!!
He drove off, I had to chase him and call the police, he denied it initially but coughed when I pointed out the cameras front and back (fitted the day before). He said he'd pay for the repair because he didn't want ANOTHER claim on his insurance - so I took his details and put it through the insurance anyway. The repair is fine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you don’t mind traveling Ashford Accident Repairs are really top drawer.

Done a few bits for me & a few friends over the years and always been impressed.

To add to the list, they repaired my first Giulietta after it was side swiped by a Polish truck on my way home from the dealers. It had a mere 72 miles on it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would really recommend A T Launder Coachworks in Bromley. Roger who owns the business is a real car enthusiast and owns two 911s. He did some work on my Macan and quality of work was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you don’t mind traveling Ashford Accident Repairs are really top drawer.

Done a few bits for me & a few friends over the years and always been impressed.

To add to the list, they repaired my first Giulietta after it was side swiped by a Polish truck on my way home from the dealers. It had a mere 72 miles on it.
That is terrible! I can't imagine how you must have felt at the time. 72 miles old...

Thanks for the recommendation also-have no problem travelling for the best job possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would really recommend A T Launder Coachworks in Bromley. Roger who owns the business is a real car enthusiast and owns two 911s. He did some work on my Macan and quality of work was very good.

Thanks for the recommendation, Hawkeye. Very close to home too so I will get in contact with Roger. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
204 Posts

Thanks for the recommendation, Hawkeye. Very close to home too so I will get in contact with Roger. Much appreciated.

No problem, hope you get it sorted. It’s gutting when something like that happens to your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts