Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have had my mito for 3 months now and looking to do some mods.
Its already remapped but im kean to add some body struts dose anyone know what will fit on the the 1.4 8v 78hp model?

Also any other modification advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
535 Posts
every braces I know fit all MiTos.
You can look into
DNA Racing (Italy)
OMP (Italy)
Forge (UK)
Ultra Racing (Malaysia)
Orque (Japan)

I have for example:
OMP upper strut brace, Forge wishbone brace, OMP wishbone brace, DNA Racing rear anti roll bar,central DNA Racing brace, Ultra Racing floor braces, Orque rear upper strut brace

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Yes you definitely need one.....I expect that 78 horse power puts the shell under immense torsional twist...…………...OR NOT!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not personally convinced that any of them are worth the effort of fitting. I know it's fun looking around and seeing what bits you can bolt on, but they're not always adding anything to the car.

The front strut tops are already close to the bulkhead and in a strong area, there will be virtually zero side loading through the rear damper mounts so a rear strut brace will do little, as well as the boot loading lip being high, and the opening itself quite small.

Overall the mito shell is pretty solid to start with, hence the excellent safety rating.

My personal opinion would be to save the money and put it towards things which can be improved and make more of a difference to to drive such as suspension and brakes.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just recently added the Orque side bracing system to my MiTo.
Handling is now even more amazing! Recommended!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts