Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have they all gone? They were everywhere after launch, but I can't remember the last time I saw one. Maybe they were a bit of a fashion-fad?

·
Registered
36,737 Posts
Stolen and exported?
Saw the Mercedes GLE today for the first time not at Geneva. Shocking blob of an X6.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that did cross my mind - maybe they have a big fan base in places where a 'used' car has a different meaning :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I've always liked the X6, it has a dare to be different vibe to it, that said, I have driven one and I don't like the way it drives, it's quite numb, not what I expected at all, over assisted. I've also driven a X4 which is a cracking car to drive.

·
Registered
15,802 Posts
A bloke I work with has one. He's generally a man of taste and has had a few Jags and other luxo barges. I asked him why and his response is that he wanted a big 4x4 and the rest look ****ing boring (his words).

Reactions: GhostyDog

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
There are a few for sale in the UK. They do sort of look like a saloon car that has stretched upwards.

From memory they didn't fare too well offroad in Top Gear but it might have been an x3 or x5....

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Still a lot here up in Aberdeen being driven by the tiny penis brigade. Usually found parked in a disabled space or with 1 wheel on the kerb or with a set of metal testicals hanging from the towbar.

I wish i was joking....

Reactions: Top Down

·
Registered
280 Posts
Most of the ones i have seen near me are owned by WAGS whilst their husbands work so you will only ever see them between the hours of 8-9 and 3-4pm clogging up the school gates and the occasional trip to and from the Gym.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,515 Posts
Stolen and exported?
Saw the Mercedes GLE today for the first time not at Geneva. Shocking blob of an X6.
Yes I saw a GLE at the Merc showrooms last week (I was driving past, only, honest). Seems to be a German competition going on to see who can produce the ugliest car.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
I think we're being harsh on the X6.

I was following a BMW GT this morning. Much more hideous.
yes, definitley, I dont think the X6 is ugly as such, just more unnecessary

·
Registered
998 Posts
Seems to be the trend these days with each sucessive model launch to make it more bloated and ugly than the previous model.

Just look how big these new Mini offshoots have become, shouldn't it be a Maxi now ?!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Nickhoughton From memory they didn't fare too well offroad in Top Gear but it might have been an x3 or x5....[/QUOTE said:
After failing many tests on top gear, the X6 was labelled "The stupidest car ever built". (Of course you'll know who said it)!!
Probably not one of BMW's success stories.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
After failing many tests on top gear, the X6 was labelled "The stupidest car ever built". (Of course you'll know who said it)!!
Probably not one of BMW's success stories.
I believe the exact words were.

Clarkson said:
You have to be clinically insane to buy one, the sort of person that wakes up and thinks "I am an onion".

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Of the other BMWs I no longer see, is the 6 series coupe saloon (the four door 6 series). Let's ignore the fact that historically the 6 series was a two door and not a four door and yes you could argue that it's just *******ising the 6 series name bla bla bla; but that's a blinkin' lovely looking car that I never see, yet I would like to see more of. Where have they all gone?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts