Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be a huge BMW fan.. not sure what happened in recent years. They seem to be destroying/rebranding themselves. Next year, they add two new models to their "Dummkopf" series, which IMO includes the various 1-series, and their Honda CRV'esque SUV

BMW M3 Pickup :eek:
BMW M3 Pickup 2011 - Exotic Car Pictures and Wallpapers at DieselStation

BMW E Scooter :confused:
BMW Concept e Scooter 2011 - Exotic Bike Pictures and Wallpapers at DieselStation

I get that people will buy that, and it's their right to produce it. But why not create a new brand, separate from the dreamy models that made the brand?

·
Registered
37,755 Posts
I am not sure whet they are doing either.

They already have a sub brand making hideous products. It is called "Mini"

It does indeed seem that daft looking sells. Look at the Nissan juke for instance.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I am not sure whet they are doing either.

They already have a sub brand making hideous products. It is called "Mini"

It does indeed seem that daft looking sells. Look at the Nissan juke for instance.

BBC News - Analysis: What is behind Nissan UK's success?

You're right about Nissan, I've just been listening to Radio 4's PM where they were on about that. Shame the Analyst didn't mention over capacity in car making due to it previously being buoyed up by too much readily available credit, or perhaps booming economies will fill that gap?

I clicked through to the M3 Pick Up thing. I guess it could have some merit for putting your windsurfer or diving gear in the back but why mess with the M3 brand to do that? They couldn't have just done it with a non-M3 motor and turbodiesel. High rise 4X4 Coupes were very odd I walked past one in a drive way last week. Who thought they really needed a high rise 4X4 Coupe? :(

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,742 Posts
I used to be a huge BMW fan.. not sure what happened in recent years. They seem to be destroying/rebranding themselves. Next year, they add two new models to their "Dummkopf" series, which IMO includes the various 1-series, and their Honda CRV'esque SUV

BMW M3 Pickup :eek:
BMW M3 Pickup 2011 - Exotic Car Pictures and Wallpapers at DieselStation

BMW E Scooter :confused:
BMW Concept e Scooter 2011 - Exotic Bike Pictures and Wallpapers at DieselStation

I get that people will buy that, and it's their right to produce it. But why not create a new brand, separate from the dreamy models that made the brand?
"Dummkopf" series? ;)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Fortunately that M3 pickup is a hoax - one exists, built by a BMW tuning company as a parts carrier (and probably for a bit of PR too). It was spotted on the Nurburgring last spring and then ended up doing the rounds as an April fools joke. Not sure why DieselStation has picked it up now.

Unfortunately you really wouldn't put it past BMW these days :-/

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad the pickup is a April 1st joke.

But if BMW has commissioned this expensive modification themselves - joke is on them for ruining the brand name!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
The americans LOVE pick ups. Plenty on the roads there even now with high petrol prices. One of the best selling is the Ford F150 with a very thirsty V8 5-something litre engine. I can see a 3-series pick up selling well there. Or maybe it's a joke. But it could well be BMW spotting a market they haven't penetrated yet.

K

·
0 Posts
The americans LOVE pick ups. Plenty on the roads there even now with high petrol prices. One of the best selling is the Ford F150 with a very thirsty V8 5-something litre engine. I can see a 3-series pick up selling well there. Or maybe it's a joke. But it could well be BMW spotting a market they haven't penetrated yet.

The Ford F-series truck is one of the best selling "cars" of all time.

I sort of get the idea of car-derived pick-ups (an El-Camino is on my dream car list and that Holden Maloo/Waloo? is quite tasty) but they appeal to the rough-arsed side of my persinality. An M3 is rather more polished and less appealing so it's hard to see who would buy one if they built it.

K

·
0 Posts
What is the R/C 4?

Have a look at the above post then Monza's post. For some reason, justin jkemp seems to take extracts from other people's posts, run them through some sort of online translator a couple of times, then repost the results with hilarious consequences.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts