Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
0 Posts
Were the relatives consulted first? I try to see the funny side of life - in this case I cannot :tut:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Were the realtives consulted first? I try to see the funny side of life - in this case I cannot :tut:
They only allow parking on people that were burried in the 18th Century and whose relatives cannot be contacted or found. ;)

S

·
0 Posts
If anyone dares park a BMW on my grave, I shall return as a poltergeist and wreck the place.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
They only allow parking on people that were burried in the 18th Century and whose relatives cannot be contacted or found. ;)
But saying that, those head stones look newer than 18thC to me and surely they have to drive over other graves to get there! :confused:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Everything has a price.... :(

H

·
0 Posts
Pretty much anywhere you go there are remains unerneath you. Certainly in a graveyard. When you walk across to get to a grave, you are walking across others, they may not be marked, but they're there.

Is that disrespectful? No, I don't think it is.

Parking a car is extreme, yes, and i'd not do it myself. (not out of respect for the dead per se, but because I don't make a habit of upsetting the living)

And I think that the church are swines for making a fast buck just because the annual poncey tennis club is in town, but the fact that 'bodies' are underfoot doesn't bother me in the slightest.

We all end up in the ground or blown to the four winds, and a bit of stone marking the area where we finally were left to rot doesn't particularly bother me.

But I guess I'm in the minority here.

·
0 Posts
That makes it worse, the money grabbing church has actually researched it! :lol:

Not sure where my objection comes from actually :confused: - I have walked across plaza's in front of churches on top of marked graves, no issues there, I think it just goes against the grain for the church to cash-in using this method TBH - tis kinda like two sets of rules

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Pretty much anywhere you go there are remains unerneath you. Certainly in a graveyard. When you walk across to get to a grave, you are walking across others, they may not be marked, but they're there.

Is that disrespectful? No, I don't think it is.

Parking a car is extreme, yes, and i'd not do it myself. (not out of respect for the dead per se, but because I don't make a habit of upsetting the living)

And I think that the church are swines for making a fast buck just because the annual poncey tennis club is in town, but the fact that 'bodies' are underfoot doesn't bother me in the slightest.

We all end up in the ground or blown to the four winds, and a bit of stone marking the area where we finally were left to rot doesn't particularly bother me.

But I guess I'm in the minority here.
+1 We have now formed a minority of 2! ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I guess the tombstones protect the side of your car from door dings when others open their doors? :rolleyes:

If they didn't have the weight of a car on them I'd think those beneath the Beemer would be turning in their graves!

Joking aside, that looks so, so wrong. You can't turn part of a cemetery into a car park, especially the part of a cemetery where people are buried. The Vicar's name must be Arfur Daley...

·
0 Posts
+1 We have now formed a minority of 2! ;)
I think I side with this :) - I don't object to the physical parking on top of a grave, once yer gone, yer gone IMO & it seems that no traceable relatives are around to be offended - but think it's wrong of the church to cash-in in such a manner

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'd be mortified if I went to visit a loved ones resting place to find a car parked on it. I think its disgusting, no respect whatsoever. As for the church allowing people to park in the grave yard for a price thats just pure greed.
I'm not saying I think its wrong to walk over graves but parking cars on them? I personally don't agree with it.

·
0 Posts
Linky here:

Wimbledon fans pay to park on graves | Metro.co.uk

Love this comment

"Well if the people in the graves don't complain, what's the problem?"

But this one tops it off for me :cheese:

"So typical that the car pictured is a BMW since this act mimics drivers of this type of car on the road - disrespectful, arrogant and rude"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts