Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving up the M1 yesterday to attend a meeting and some fat [email protected] in a beemer overtakes on the outside lane and then immediately cuts into the 2nd lane. Missed my front end by a few inches and then slows down !! WHY ??? If i had a banger of a car I would have stuck my foot down and buried it up his arse (literally).
2nd beemer on the same stretch of road decided to undertake and realise he was travelling to fast for the middle lane a preceeds to cut me up by pulling in front of me on the outside lane ! After a good old hand gesture he pulled into lane 2 to which I showed him my sign ,,|,, of appreciation.

Have BMW drivers become the idiots of the road ?

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
They always have been ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
They always have been ;)
I think you'll find that it's not just BM drivers that do this, they're just completely inconsiderate drivers, people that just don't give 2 tosses about other people always thinking about themselves!!!

I know it's not BM drivers as I've owned 2 330Ci's in the past 8years...

And before you say it, yes I do still like BMW's... the only cars I don't like are Mercs, and Mazda's (after owning a RX-8, piece of crap)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not just BMW owners, but seems to be predominantly BMW drivers.
Unless the Chavvy boyracers have upgraded to beemers ?!?

Don't see Jag drivers do this.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not just BMW owners, but seems to be predominantly BMW drivers.
Unless the Chavvy boyracers have upgraded to beemers ?!?

Don't see Jag drivers do this.
That's normally cos Jag drivers tend to be of a different age group. If you catch my drift... (not saying that it's an old mans car, but more that older people don't tend to drive so stupidly)

I've seen plenty of VW,Merc,Ford & Vauxhall drivers do what's happened to you... But I think the worst offenders of pulling out in front of others are lorry drivers!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Most of them have moved up from Vectras and mondeos and have let it go to their heads. They think owning a B*W still means something in the league of the junior suit brigade. They should have their cup holders, coat pegs and sat navs painfully inserted somewhere.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:tut: no middle lane hogging here, simply over taking the convoy of lorries. i don't care if people wanna overtake but why pull in without indicating and then slow down. Just meant I had to overtake him back and do some hand communications :)

With regards to the Jag comment, I get ya drift. its the grey hair brigade :lol:

As for the lorries I always let them out, considering the motorways were mainly designed due to the fact they transport goods etc. If it wasn't for that then we may not have so many motorways and maybe not so many traffic jams. And I used to work with in Logistics for 6 years so that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
It`s just a thought "Not an excuse"

The distances some people travel during the day in order too meet dead lines, must impact at some stage in the manner in which they drive.
For You could not travel 200/400 miles and carry out your work ,when I was younger,Nor did we have the pressure to do so from the boss.The fact that public transport,does not always work.and cars are able too travel at high speeds for as long as they carry fuel,bound too lead to high pressure on all road warriors as I call them.
Again No Excuse " But? "
John.t.l.

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Most of them have moved up from Vectras and mondeos and have let it go to their heads. They think owning a B*W still means something in the league of the junior suit brigade. They should have their cup holders, coat pegs and sat navs painfully inserted somewhere.
Aye cos there 3 series beemer is such a premium car - and even more up-market when they stick an M series badge on the back of an S reg 318

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have only three words for this type of driver...

IGNORANT & ARROGENT!!!

Everyone has a place to get to, but it's no excuse for poor driving and ever worse manners...
But! What can we do but have to put up with it... Still it'd be nice to shove an unbrella up one of their a**es, then open it up. It'd make you feel better and also make your drive onwards more plesant... :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It`s just a thought "Not an excuse"

The distances some people travel during the day in order too meet dead lines, must impact at some stage in the manner in which they drive.
For You could not travel 200/400 miles and carry out your work ,when I was younger,Nor did we have the pressure to do so from the boss.The fact that public transport,does not always work.and cars are able too travel at high speeds for as long as they carry fuel,bound too lead to high pressure on all road warriors as I call them.
Again No Excuse " But? "
John.t.l.

Then those people need to forward plan their journies and allow time for traffic. I have meetings around the country at various locations and I understand the point. I am not allowed to be late as it impacts on the rest of the day, although traffic can be unpredictable. Better to be early than late unless you want a ass kicking from the boss.

E

·
0 Posts
Well, speaking for myself, I'm really not interested in those drivers' problems. I don't think its too much to expect them not to put my life and limb at risk.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
allowed to be late as it impacts on the rest of the day, although traffic can be unpredictable. Better to be early than late unless you want a ass kicking from the boss.
Hi,Jonsiv,:)
Point taken, Questions you are then left with is "How early" is early?
Followed by "How many hours in a day?"
Topped with "How tired are you on return trip etc.?"
I think that there may be many trips could be handled by Video link ups,But then I`m a luddite.
In short life is too fast.expectations too high,
"What do I know?"
John.T.L.:confused:

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Then those people need to forward plan their journies and allow time for traffic. I have meetings around the country at various locations and I understand the point. I am not allowed to be late as it impacts on the rest of the day, although traffic can be unpredictable. Better to be early than late unless you want a ass kicking from the boss.
Good point - leave 15mins early for your meetings not 15 mins late and then try to cause carnage by being reckless - If you want to kill yourself fair enough but do try to annailate others cos youre alarm failed to go off.

If youre delayed cos of traffic I'm sure most people / companies understand.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,Jonsiv,:)
Point taken, Questions you are then left with is "How early" is early?
Followed by "How many hours in a day?"
Topped with "How tired are you on return trip etc.?"
I think that there may be many trips could be handled by Video link ups,But then I`m a luddite.
In short life is too fast.expectations too high,
"What do I know?"
John.T.L.:confused:
"early" depends on the distance you drive, some of my meetings are 300 miles + round trip. I always add 30 mins ontop of the"normal" time it takes
Do you not get paid over time or Lieu time if you work more than your normal hours ?? I do so I don't mind if im running late on the way home. Company pay for it. Better to return safe than not at all.
Stop at the services for a coffee may keep you awake ;)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts