Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving on the motorway a few weeks ago and saw a hideous awful looking BMW (not much new there really :lol:)

thought it was an X6 at first but it had a GT badge on the back, thought maybe it was a trim level on the X6 but was speaking to a work colleague today and she mentioned the 5 series GT and described it as a squashed X6

just googled it and.................... :vomit:

BMW 5-series GT breaks cover - Autocar.co.uk

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am HUGE fan of GranTurismo cars - in its original form, as long comfortable, fast coupes, or even 4-door coupes...

Also, I am not so negative about BMWs, I do find some nice now and then...

BUT THIS!!!!???:rolleyes: I really cant understand how BMW managed to ruin GT concept and 5-Series together with this hideous looking piece of crap...

I dont quite know where they are going with these strange new models. I quite liked BMW in general, only thing that kept me aside is the image of the people who drive them. Now, I dont even like BMW cars in general, not only the image.

Idiotic: X6, 5 GT, previous 7, new 5... I just hope this list doesnt go on, as I used to like some of older ones.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
i have seen two on the road, plus the one that i studied at Goodwood last year; it is vile looking. Why does BMW think it has created a new niche with this car? Big five-seat, five-door hatch? What, you mean like an Austin Ambassador, or Rover SD1, or 1985 Fiat Croma, or Renault 25, or Renault Vel Satis, or Vauxhall Zignum?

Maybe it is a great car, but it is not an original concept and it really is not a looker.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i have seen two on the road, plus the one that i studied at Goodwood last year; it is vile looking. Why does BMW think it has created a new niche with this car? Big five-seat, five-door hatch? What, you mean like an Austin Ambassador, or Rover SD1, or 1985 Fiat Croma, or Renault 25, or Renault Vel Satis, or Vauxhall Zignum?

Maybe it is a great car, but it is not an original concept and it really is not a looker.
And yet I find SD1 quite a looker for its time, VelSatis is at least distinctive if not pretty - this has none of those. Reminds me of R-Klasse failure.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
agree - the SD1 matched practical logic with super car cool (sort of) while the VelSatis had an appealing odd-ball desirability to it. The BMW is just yack, yack, yack...brings nothing new to the party or concept...

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
identifying a nob used to be easy, they all drove BMWs,

but even they will not be buying this or the X6, so what will they drive instead and how do I identify them?

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
No Noooooooooooooooooo :vomit:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have honestly seen better looking stab wounds than this car :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts