Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So say good bye to the 3 series then..

New BMW 4 Series Concept Coupe revealed - What Car?

...oh hang on, the 3 series stays, but the coupe is a 4 series :rolleyes:

There are fins on top of the mirrors which, says BMW, improve aerodynamics and acoustics. However BMW's head of design, Karim Habib, said elements of the mirror design could appear in future BMWs. He said: 'We could have made cameras for door mirrors, but we chose to do something that has a function and could be used on BMWs in the future.'

Someone wake me when he has finished droning on

K

·
0 Posts
Is it too early for me to observe that the hideous, fussy, massively over-stylised front and rear bumpers absolutely ruin what could be a decent looking car?

'It is more than a 3 Series. It is more dynamic.'

Shades of Spinal Tap here?

M

·
0 Posts
Is it too early for me to observe that the hideous, fussy, massively over-stylised front and rear bumpers absolutely ruin what could be a decent looking car?

'It is more than a 3 Series. It is more dynamic.'

Shades of Spinal Tap here?
It's pretty nice I think, the word on the car is that the production version will have a toned down front and rear end in terms of styling, so you should like the finished version.

There will certainly be a lot of them on the road in the years to come, so we will all have plenty of time to make up our own minds on the cars styling!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Recently BMW has lost it's way with the front of their cars although I like the rear and side

K

·
0 Posts
It's pretty nice I think, the word on the car is that the production version will have a toned down front and rear end in terms of styling, so you should like the finished version.

There will certainly be a lot of them on the road in the years to come, so we will all have plenty of time to make up our own minds on the cars styling!
Wouldn't bet on it to be honest because I imagine that BMW's take on "toned down" is quite different to mine.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,510 Posts
The back end view looks more like it ought to have a three pointed star on the bonnet.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
The only nice car they make now is the 6 series. Its absolutely beautiful
:thumbs: saw one yesterday cruising through the local village and **** me I'd have one like a shot if it was 30K cheaper.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,527 Posts
I think it looks very feline in profile, almost like a modern two door Jag coupe. Quite attractive, I think.

As for the fins on the mirrors...IIRC, the 92 3-series' mirror-housings had fins on the sides nearest the side glass, also to cut down wind noise and channel rain water. (I can't believe that I know that!)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I like it, the Z4 (Coupe or Roadster) & the 6 Series:)

·
Registered
37,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
6 is nice, but lardy. I don't have a problem with the '4' series but all the marketing billhooks and 'aren't we clever' copy just serves to distance me from the 'brand' - folks stupid enough to believe it are the same account managers, ad execs and sales drones who I would crawl over broken glass to avoid.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Hmm. Definitely full of salesy nonce-sense directed at salesy people.

Not sure about the big air intakes. I like the current E92 and right now I prefer it to this concept... Maybe the design is a grower, maybe not. We'll see what the production model looks like

1 - 20 of 33 Posts