Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright chaps

Going to treat myself to a few new bits, one of which being a filter.
Either BMC or Alfaholics pipercross filter.
Is the bmc worth the extra money?? My thoughts were to just stick with oem style and go for the performance panel..
Opinions?

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
720 Posts
on my V6 the BMC makes a lovely noise, different to just the loud exhaust alone. How much improvement is totally subjective as they make only a little "claimed" improvement in HP only.

the BMC looks different in the engine bay compared to the OEM look of the panel only - no-one will know its there!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am at the same juncture with my V6.... i suppose you have to ask yourself what are you expecting to gain?..
..improving the appearance under the hood, trying to eek out a little more induction roar of the lovely sounding motor or just getting rid of the OE airbox ?

The performance gains, as mentioned above are negligible and it is worth mentioning if not done right it could be a step backwards!.. There is nothing much wrong with the factory set-up that a new filter won't sort!...cheaper and how many people can see under your bonnet?

Its a personal thing and i like to tinker, so I'm going down the stainless hard pipe route but might utilise the original airbox!!

Ideas??

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to fussed about extra power, as claimed, not much to be had.
Appearance not an issue either, I tend to drive with the bonnet down!
Just after a little more airflow and noise I suppose.. Wasn't sure if the bmc warranted the (a lot) extra cash.

Cheers

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The BMC is gerneally universal fitment, so i suspect a little work required to fit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts