Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note on induction kits.I got a new kit this week a BMC from alfaowner.Wow what a improvement, revs much quicker, great roar from engine with the supersprint exhaust I got last week.I would recommend one to all.Contact alfaowner for more details.
joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well well well...

alfaowner did quite good then... thanx for posting the good points... feedback rarely happens.

Many thanx from AO & Co.

J

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Thanks again Joe. Where do you most notice the power gain. Its always interesting to know how they perform when fitted to the same spec engine. Because as we are all well aware Induction kits are a good way of beefing your car whilst laying out the minimum amount of money.

Regards..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi AO
the engine revs free'er?? so it feels quicker off the mark and low down, not as quick as V6 obviously,I still love that roar took the car for a 200ml spin on motorway and mixed roads to see if it might be too loud on long journeys but it was quiet on the motorway.Also it looks fantastic!

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Thats the thing, I found you could actually drive the car quite easily without having the induction noise blasting out. Its all in the right foot. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking at a K&N 57i kit (see earlier postings) but eventually gave up as the UK supplier said that none would fit the 155 and then I started getting e-mails from K&N in the good ole' US of A confirming the same.

I started reading on this site about peoples problems with removing the airbox and gave up on the idea, instead opting for a drop in K&N panel filter. No noticable increase in power (or noise) but lifetime usage is a cost saver in the long run.

However all this talk of induction roar has me interested again. Can someone post details of how easy this kit was to fit, where you bought it from, how much it cost and perhaps make some pictures of the installation available for us all to see?

To roar or not to roar, that is the question. It has to be roar. ;)

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi John
I got alfaowners induction kit from his car. BMC is the maker and Alfaowner works for them I think, he sent me the instalation instruction so if I find it I will email it to you he said it takes about an hour and a half to fit and costs about £115.00 well worth the money.
joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So this BMC kit , does it take cold air from the front air dam ?, were is the filter located? what size is the pipe going to the orginal airhose with the Temp sensor in it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A cheap and easy way for induction roar is to drill 4 or 5 10mm holes in the air box below the panel filter line. :D

It's cheating i know but it will help the k&n panel suck that extra air a wee bit and give you a surprise on the noise front. :D

I noticed a slight increase in performance and consumption when i put my panel in. I did the panel and holes at the same time.

I have since put a cone filter in.
A generic cone filter with and xtra 4" of rubber hosing (from scrapyard) so the filter sits partly in the lower half of the origional box - still using some of the origional ram feed.

The sound change from K&N with holes to cone is huge again...

Once the induction sucky noise has been heard you cannot go back...

J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are the instructions that Alfaowner sent me.
To fit the Kit you will have to remove the air box, and to do that you have >to
remove the bumper. I done this at the weekend it took me an hour and a >half to
carefully remove and refit original air box (Argh!) and get the car >back
together.
>
>Just thought id better tell you that incase you were the type of person >that
may struggle to do that. Im a retail manager by day, so if I can do it >any one
can.
>
>First of all remove the plastic light covers on the slam panel under the
>bonnet then remove the indicators both sides by unscrewing the phillips >head.
>Then undo the 10mm bolt which will enable you to remove the metal colour >coded
bars that run both sides under the grill. (you have to tug these at >an angle to
get them out (they are held by two pins each side)
>You will then have to unscrew the 4 or 5 screws that hold the grill in. The
>grille is also held in by the same type of clips as before. Ditto above, >tug
at the bottom or lever from the inside with a screwdriver! Carefully! >this just
leaves bumper to come of. If you still have a under tray covering >the bottom of
the car (i took mine of years ago, it done nothing but
>rattle) this will have to be undone at the front to expose the bottom >bumber
bolts.
>If you are laying under the middle of the car with your legs sticking out >of
the front, to your middle left you will see two quite close bolts that >are the
same size as each other and ditto for the right side too. Its >fairly easy to
see which ones they are.
>Remove the one bolt from each side and also remove the bolts on the bottom >of
the corner of the bumper near the wheels.
>That leaves just the two bolts that were behind the grille, remove them and
>slide the bumper towards you.
>
>Its that easy...
>
>Once you have removed the air box connect the new pipe that goes to the BMC >to
the v last break point after the two sensors that you have on your >intake. Next
run the foil pipe towards the front of the car and secure with >a cable
wrap/tie, for the cold air feed. This should eventually line up if >possible
with the vent on the bumper next to the left front fog lamp to >give you the ram
air.
>
>Then reversal fitment is required.
>
>It may sound like alot of grief, but if you new what my car sounded like >and
how it drove, you would be ripping my arm off just to have it.
>
I just popped off the front passenger wheel and took off the plastic arch pushed the air box down and out after removing the four screws. I kept the existing ram air piece and fitted the foil pipe as a second air feed.Alfaowner can you post those pics you sent me for others to see.
Hope this helps feel free to contact me for further details and if any of the irish alfa boys want to see and here it email me : [email protected]
joe :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts