Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i know some of you have replaced the original airbox with the cda, i just wondering what have you gained from replacement other than sound. coz im planning to buy a cda, but still cant make my mind

thx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does help, thx
by the way, do you know where i can get one online. did a search on ebay, havent found many, and im in australia, many european sellers dont do international shippings

·
Registered
318 Posts
Are the stories of the CDA fitted on the GTA being so low to the ground you have to dodge puddles accurate? I've been thinking of getting one for a while, but have been put off so far by this issue...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Are the stories of the CDA fitted on the GTA being so low to the ground you have to dodge puddles accurate? I've been thinking of getting one for a while, but have been put off so far by this issue...
Had the CDA fitted to mine for more than 12 months now and never had a problem. So many puddles up here you can't avoid them all:(

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Don't all intakes come in through the bottom of the bay though? Most people who've had puddle problems didn't have a BMC...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I thought the CDA came down lower than the standard intake, very close to the undertray. Anyone with one fitted to a GTA be kind enough to take a pic?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
waste of time..... expensive couple of bhp and noise.

better spending the money on a couple extra tanks of fuel!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,
ive fitted the CDA on my GTA already for more than 2 years. It works fine. The first thing ive noticed was the better throtle response and i would say little more tourque. I have fitted the box to the bracket under the battery, which also fixed the original air box. You must try to put the CDA as high as possible. The Standart box has the inlet on the side of the box, where the CDA holdsh air towards the undertray. The flex tube which you should get delivered with is approx. 80mm. It is to thick to bend it between the undertray and the CDA. I had to make mine a little oval shaped to get it between. The best position for the flex tube to take cold air is on the left side next to the fender where the standart box inlet goes to also.
bye

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I still don't know if they actually improve power and torque though. I had a K&N fitted to a 155 once. It made more noise. A mate fitted a Blitz kit to his Celica VVTLi and the difference was quite noticeable. Perhaps the lower power Alfa engine just don't really move enough air to make them really worthwhile.:rolleyes:
My sister was wanting a K&N for her 155, just for noise. I am kind of considering a mod for my 156, probably Pipercross Viper, but mainly because I just don't know when the air filter was last checked, and I don't hold much hope of turning the screws.:rolleyes:
I would like minimal noise increase.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
a k&n doesnt make power though due to the fact it sucks in hot engine bay air, thats what the CDA and viper both do not use.. they get a proper cold air feed.

oh and the CDA and pipercross viper are quieter then the k&n too

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I thought the CDA was still a bit loud. How does the Viper compare?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts