Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive bought myself a BMC CDA for my 147 and i just cant see where to fit it! there doesnt seem to be any space under the bonnet :( has anyone else on here fitted on and if so please can you post up some pics? or a how to guide would be very handy :) Thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Where did you buy it from? If you got it from angel tuning just give them a call, I'm sure Nigel will give you some advice.

I fitted one to my 156, it's effectively sitting in the space left after removing the old aif filter box. I guess the 147 will be much the same.

Good luck!
Andy

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
It does say on their website, and I quote

"To be fitted by trained mechanical personnel only. "

Is this you?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
its an induction kit, theres nothing technical about it i cant handle so im not paying some mechanic £100 to fit it. I fitted one to my ZR Without any problems. On the BMC website it shows a pic of the filter mounted under the wing but it doesnt fit down there without taking the wing off first and i dont really want to do that

It just doesnt look like it will fit between the engine and battery could you post up some pics of what you have done so i can see? Thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I don't have any pics available at the moment but if you look where your current filter housing is thats pretty much where mine sits. I removed the original filter housing and intake (which in my case were shattered thanks to a falling tree!) and fitted it in the space that's left. It does take a bit of dismantling to get it in there without damaging it but it does fit.

Andy

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhh ok then shouldnt be a huge amount of trouble then, will give it a go tonite if i can get home before its to dark :) Thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
On the 156 you can even use the bracket the original filter box was on to bolt the cda bracket to.

Good luck!

Andy

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you fit it without a snorkel, make sure that you have the undertray on. I have seen lately a few blown engines.

Also bin the convulated hose. It is a potential power killer. Best is to use a silcone hose arrangement for mininal losses.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I know you didnt buy it from us, but if you give us a call I will give you a few tips if required. It is tricky on the 147 if you havent done one before, but eyes closed once you have done umptyfu*k1ngmilliionsofthe buggers ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks i really appreciate it but my engine died the other day so i have to see if i can buy a new engine and get it fitted before i can think about the induction kit :( i had a quick look though and i think if i take half the standard air filter out i can fit it to the stanard pipes then have some of the cold air feed hanging out of the bottom around the undertrey :)

dont suppose you know the best place to get an engine from?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts