Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've noticed whilst browsing quite a few performance tuning online shops that they tend to show a different BMC CDA for the GTA than the BMC website states.

As you can see from attached images BMC provide a generic unit for Bosch MAF cars with the 80mm diameter MAF.

They also provide a GTA Specific unit which is a different unit with its own code, can anyone enlighten us what the difference is for?

I'm hoping this thread will help people in the market for a BMC CDA for your GTA to make sure you get the right one.

Attachments

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know they are meant for track use only! :eek: - bit late now though :lol:
Did it make much difference on your car? I know they are meant to sound quite a bit different, hope you bring your car to NICN again so I can have a listen.

·
0 Posts
Did it make much difference on your car? I know they are meant to sound quite a bit different, hope you bring your car to NICN again so I can have a listen.
Power wise, slightly better - noise wise, bloody wesome :lol:

Even mrs V6Jon has been known to stick her head out of the window & tell me to 'give it some beans' :thumbs:

Couldn't make the last NICN, but plan to come to the next, will need to go for a spin with you, as revving while stood still doesn't do it justice

..turn up the bass!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
They louder than the Autodelta pipe?

·
0 Posts
They louder than the Autodelta pipe?
Dunno, I imagine the biggest difference is losing the 'resonator' which I have been informed muffles the intake noise somewhat. I have a spare, so may remove the resonator from that & trial fit until I have sorted the custom silicone intake out - must fit the de-cat pipe too for the full effect :lol:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Quite fancy one of those myself, I actually think the standard GTA induction is very good and the reason for wanting a CDA is purley for the noise, what a tart:lol:
am i right in thinking the cda gives a better induction noise than the AD carbon pipe and filter?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Dunno, I imagine the biggest difference is losing the 'resonator' which I have been informed muffles the intake noise somewhat. I have a spare, so may remove the resonator from that & trial fit until I have sorted the custom silicone intake out - must fit the de-cat pipe too for the full effect :lol:
Yep when I changed the standard pipe to the AD pipe which doesnt have a resonator box it sounded alot better :D

Get it sorted! ;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Indeed you are! Isnt a quad enough for you now? :eek:
enough is never enough Jimbo:lol:

just got wishbones arb droplinks Q2 and quad done and thought that should do me for a while.
now im looking at big brakes and coilies, after brake fade and bottoming out around the triangle last weekend.:rolleyes:

not in a rush for cda/ad pipe just fancy a nice induction roar to go with the new zorst noise.:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
enough is never enough Jimbo:lol:

just got wishbones arb droplinks Q2 and quad done and thought that should do me for a while.
now im looking at big brakes and coilies, after brake fade and bottoming out around the triangle last weekend.:rolleyes:

not in a rush for cda/ad pipe just fancy a nice induction roar to go with the new zorst noise.:D
Kerching! :eek:

·
Registered
778 Posts
From my experience, if you replace the intake pipe with one without resonators, you will increase the intake roar.

On top of that, if you remove the pipe that goes before the airbox you will increase the induction noise to a whole new level. Don't know how it compares to BMC CDA, but it sounds bloody awesome.

Maybe a bit too loud for my taste.... oh it also feels that it has lost a bit of torque down low.

Lemi

G

·
0 Posts
Guys, Why don't we try and organise group buys on things like this?

There's always a few of us who want them and we could definately get a saving?

Other clubs do it all the time and it works really well.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe a bit too loud for my taste.... oh it also feels that it has lost a bit of torque down low.

Lemi
Yes, that's an unfortunate side effect, loose a bit of torque gain a bit of high up power.

Probably offset that with a map and you have a car that sounds and goes like it should.

:)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi all,

I've noticed whilst browsing quite a few performance tuning online shops that they tend to show a different BMC CDA for the GTA than the BMC website states.

As you can see from attached images BMC provide a generic unit for Bosch MAF cars with the 80mm diameter MAF.

They also provide a GTA Specific unit which is a different unit with its own code, can anyone enlighten us what the difference is for?

I'm hoping this thread will help people in the market for a BMC CDA for your GTA to make sure you get the right one.
Interesting, I bought mine back in August 2007 and it was the first one as far as I'm aware. There were no problems fitting it but in my car the standard pipework was kept, the airbox was removed and then the pipework included in the box was put on to the front of the CDA to feed it from near the wheel arch to avoid it sucking up water from puddles. The instructions recommend using the included pipework to replace the existing pipework and let the CDA just suck the air in from where it's positioned, I don't like that idea one bit and neither did Lloyd at Clovertech when he fitted it in. The pipework will be replaced by a GSR hose in the near future as well.

The GTA specific version must be quite new but the only difference seems to be the 7mm difference in the diameter at the engine end, you might want to email them and see why they've done this?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The GTA specific version must be quite new but the only difference seems to be the 7mm difference in the diameter at the engine end, you might want to email them and see why they've done this?
Email sent ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts