Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ouch!
Mine had all the wires in the one plug so all the connections must be available in the blue plug.

I've just installed mine and it worked perfectly first time - connected to BlueSpeak bluetooth and Spotify playing immediately.
I threaded the microphone out to the lowe right of the stereo and perched it in the corner of the flexible steering column cover - can't confirm it works, and I doubt I'll ever use it, I just wanted music!

Adding: Mine's a 2012 G with the USB & Aux in the glovebox.
Does the Aux input still work?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

Great work, but sadly seems like it will not do for me according to the product description.
I have a Giulietta 2011 with the flip up Navi.
Any bluetooth adapters that work for the Navi versions of Blue and Me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Firstly Apologies for raising a thread from 2019, having moved from a GT to a Giulietta this is my first post in this lounge.

As this is one of the first things I feel that I need to sort ou on this car I thought I would get some opinions on a couple of options I have come across.

This one Bluetooth 1 seems to be the same as what has been detailed from the OP, I just wanted to check do the steering wheel skip track controls work (AVRCP) as does not seem to say.

I have also found this one Bluetooth 2 which seems to have a few more bells and wistles that I dont need but does detail that it has steering wheel control.

There is a bit of a cost difference between the 2 and seeing there are a couple of other little mods I would like to do I would like to save some pennies where possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

I've posted this before but I'll try again given that this is a more recent thread...

It's more related to removing the dash panel than anything but when I try and remove it, it comes away fine at the drivers side and round the stereo but there seems to be a single screw stopping it towards the passenger side end. (See pic).

I've bought one of these adaptors but cant fit it till I can get the dash panel off :cautious:

Any ideas how I get to it, I've looked it the glove box but cant see anything? (Apologies I'm I'm being thick!)

Thanks

dash.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
There is a rubber bung in the top of the glove box, pull the bung out and you will get access to the screw (Silver torx screw in the picture.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If any one is interested, I have a Bluetooth 2 DIN stereo and fascia for a RHD GIULIETTA for sale, I purchased it two weeks ago, fitted it, worked with all steering wheel controls and I loved it... but the car died, paid £400 for it but would accept £300.

I tried one of these dongles and it didn't work for me. Found the replacement stereo much better

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased of eBay a Bluetooth receiver that connects to the cd-changer port.

Pulled off the trim after cautiously and unnecessarily removing 3 T25 screws from the glovebox.

Behind the stereo was a grey and blue connector clicked together. Removed removed and separated them.

Repalced the blue one with the new receiver and slotted it back in attached to the grey.

With the aerial connected I carefully slid the stereo back in ensuring the new receiver and now free original blue connector we're not squashed.

Powering up I noticed I didn't have AUX as a source anymore but did have CD-Changer.

Sound from my phone now came though the car via Bluetooth (had to pair up the new BlueMusic device).

Had a scare when testing the Blue&Me calls as no sound but after unpairing and re pairing it all was well.

Will give it a proper test on Thursday's commute but right now I'm chuffed.

Mine is a 2012 model with the aux port.

Photos show the original connectors with AUX, my new Bluetooth receiver and the final connectors ready to go into the stereo.

i can't find this anywhere do you know of a another link?

·
Registered
223 Posts
i can't find this anywhere do you know of a another link?
I bought this one Bluetooth Adapter which arrived yesterday and I will be fitting it this weekend. I will report on it working before recommending it. I am not holding out much hope that the steering wheel controls will work.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought this one Bluetooth Adapter which arrived yesterday and I will be fitting it this weekend. I will report on it working before recommending it. I am not holding out much hope that the steering wheel controls will work.
Well don't buy the one I did. Got it connected and the head unit would not recognise it. Tried disconnecting the power and made no difference. I did manage to connect to it via bluetooth so at least i know its powered up.
I will wait for payday and get a more expensive one.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts