Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased of eBay a Bluetooth receiver that connects to the cd-changer port.

Pulled off the trim after cautiously and unnecessarily removing 3 T25 screws from the glovebox.

Behind the stereo was a grey and blue connector clicked together. Removed removed and separated them.

Repalced the blue one with the new receiver and slotted it back in attached to the grey.

With the aerial connected I carefully slid the stereo back in ensuring the new receiver and now free original blue connector we're not squashed.

Powering up I noticed I didn't have AUX as a source anymore but did have CD-Changer.

Sound from my phone now came though the car via Bluetooth (had to pair up the new BlueMusic device).

Had a scare when testing the Blue&Me calls as no sound but after unpairing and re pairing it all was well.

Will give it a proper test on Thursday's commute but right now I'm chuffed.

Mine is a 2012 model with the aux port.

Photos show the original connectors with AUX, my new Bluetooth receiver and the final connectors ready to go into the stereo.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Great news that this works for the Aux units as well! Aftermarket bluetooth is now "solved" for most of the pre-facelift cars. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a link to the adapter you bought?
The link is greyed out on my Ebay as brought it back in November

But here is a screenshot I previously shared
Looks blurry on the website so extracted key text:

Description:
Bluetooth Music Adapter Interface
Alfa Romeo 147156159 Brera
Mito GT Giulietta

Seller:
autoteile-dresden24(50260)

The seller is still on Ebay, you can search and message him

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The original adapter sold out a few weeks ago just as I was about to purchase, but I noticed yesterday the original seller has added this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Freisprechen-Adapter-Alfa-Romeo-147-156-159-Brera-Mito-GT-Giulietta/253947790316
Seems to be pretty much the same item but with a microphone added?

I've ordered one...
Does seem the same, wonder why the microphone was added, blue&me still works with calls.

Do post how you get along.

Be prepared for Paring, unpairing and restarting devices.

Try everything (bluemusic, blue&me calls, radio) before screwing the stereo back in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found that one also, but it worries me slightly with the external mic. Like you say I still want to use blue and me for calls and connect my phone as a one way media device only...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I've recently bought this adapter: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202527100310 for my G, it arrived OK. However when I plugged it in, it didn't work. I've contacted the seller and he said I need to plug the additional two wires (visible on the ebay auction) to positive and negative pins. My question is, what do I connect it to? Should that still go to the blue iso cube where other 3 wires are stuck in? If yes, where exactly? I've got 940 Low Plus radio:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ouch!
Mine had all the wires in the one plug so all the connections must be available in the blue plug.

I've just installed mine and it worked perfectly first time - connected to BlueSpeak bluetooth and Spotify playing immediately.
I threaded the microphone out to the lowe right of the stereo and perched it in the corner of the flexible steering column cover - can't confirm it works, and I doubt I'll ever use it, I just wanted music!

Adding: Mine's a 2012 G with the USB & Aux in the glovebox.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you guys try if it works with the ignition off and just using the stereo? I currently have a cheap BT dongle connected to the aux in and powered by the USB port. However the USB port needs the ignition to be on to give power, so I can't listen to BT when sitting in the car waiting for shopping... I mean waiting for my wife.

Also using the next button on the steering wheel would be nice

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, it ties into the stereo, so you just need to turn it on and select the "CD changer"

It sometimes works in tandem with the car Bluetooth and sometimes prevents it from connecting, does anybody know why?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I answer my own question , it works with the ignition off and only the stereo on. I didn't bother connecting the external microphone.

I have not had any problems with connectivity so far.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've just ordered this. I'm picking up the car this week and streaming music is a priority for me... Mine is a 2010 with usb in the glovebox. I'm 90% sure I don't have aux. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just ordered this. I'm picking up the car this week and streaming music is a priority for me... Mine is a 2010 with usb in the glovebox. I'm 90% sure I don't have aux. Wish me luck.
please keep me updated, ive just picked up my 2010 2.0 JTDM yesterday and in dire need of some phone connectivity. :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
To be honest I thought I’d hate having to plug my phone in but now I’d do it regardless (plus it charges the phone). The interface isn’t good enough to rely on using the steering wheel controls to navigate around, it’s too laborious - I tend to pick the playlist, artist, podcast channel etc before setting off using my phone and then skip tracks using the controls if needs be.
I think if streaming and changing between playlists etc is a priority then you maybe better off upgrading the head unit?
I’d be interested to see how you go though ����

·
Registered
647 Posts
Installed it this morning. Literally took 10 minutes. You need a torcs head to remove the stereo. Bluetooth connected immediately without a problem and Blue&Me still works flawlessly. Steering controls work and will skip songs. Remember to use you phones BT menu to stop the new module from taking voice calls... Blue&Me handles your voice functions. I didn't install the microphone part

Mods should sticky this thread. This is a great solution with minimal intervention and no extra crap on your dashboard. Clean and effective!

BTW I'm streaming Deezer mostly.

·
Registered
300 Posts
On my phone I don't even have to do that, it connects to both Blue&Me and the BlueMusic, so if someone calls it pauses the music and takes the call. Then when I'm finished the music starts right back up. Very impressed that this cheap solution works as well as (or better in some cases) than OEM. I use Spotify for music.

I agree this should be stickied. To be honest, we could use an updated "bible" of guides. I've seen so many amazing threads and info pop up just in the < 1 year I've been on this board.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts