Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a link to a specific model of bluetooth OBD scanners to use with Android (Troque etc.)

I have tried two now and they both made the car throw off random error messages and shut its self down when connected to! :irked:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Does anybody have a link to a specific model of bluetooth OBD scanners to use with Android (Troque etc.)

I have tried two now and they both made the car throw off random error messages and shut its self down when connected to! :irked:
I used a bit Alfa OBD (full version)/ This is my say backup solution, as normally I use laptop with MES. Anywy as far as I tried AlfaOBD it works fine with 159 TBI and Giulietta 1.4TB.
I us cheap ELM BT - someting like EUR8 only, but had to remove wrong termination resistor - maybe here is your problem? Check with Ohm-meter if you see ~100-120R resistance between pins 6 and 14 of your interface - if so you need to open interface, find the resistor and remove it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have this..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-v2...981071?hash=item43ed98294f:g:u7QAAOSw3mpXH8HM
ive ran in it my Stilo and now in the 159 and it doesnt really miss a beat, no warnings on dash... sometimes needs ignition cycle when it throws a wobbly but its rare, use it with torque (paid) and AlfaOBD (free) and its fine. use with either kitkat or marshmallow depending on which device is closer to my hands when i think about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have this..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-v2...981071?hash=item43ed98294f:g:u7QAAOSw3mpXH8HM
ive ran in it my Stilo and now in the 159 and it doesnt really miss a beat, no warnings on dash... sometimes needs ignition cycle when it throws a wobbly but its rare, use it with torque (paid) and AlfaOBD (free) and its fine. use with either kitkat or marshmallow depending on which device is closer to my hands when i think about it.
Strange.
Ive got what looks to be the exact same one but I makes my car suicidal and fails to connect to the ECU!

I wonder whats going on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Strange.
Ive got what looks to be the exact same one but I makes my car suicidal and fails to connect to the ECU!

I wonder whats going on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Have you checked resistance betwen pins 6&14, as I suggested a few posts above? Most of interfaces have resistor there (maybe needed for other car makes), but Alfas do not like such at all.
If you do not have multimeter - I guess cheapest ones are starting at EUR5 or someting like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts