Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am a new alfa owner. Just bought a 159 ti 2008. I love everything about this car but i cannot get my phine to stay connected to blue&me via bluetooth.

I have got it paired and it would connect butnonly for a short while at which time it would disconnect again.

I have a samsung galaxy s4 on android 4.4. I have tried disconnecting the battery and to let the system reset but still get the same problem.

Gas anyone else had this problem and any ideas on how i can fix this issue? Is it my phone or is it blue&me?

In my previous car i had a aftermarket system and my phone stayed connected to that system fine. No issues. But cant get it to stay connected to blue&me.

If i try press the phone button on the steering wheel it would just say no connection found try again later.

thanks in advance for any thoughts

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Try updating the B&M firmware.
A search should turn up the procedure and from where to download the files.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yeh, update the B&M, it's a 2008 model so you will need to update to 5.6 first, then 5.7, you can't do 7,8 or 9 I believe.

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I spent all day on this today. Starting with updating my b&m firmware. I first went and upgraded to 5.5 then onto 5.6. I think 5.6 is the latest I can go as the b&m website is not giving me anythibg higher then 5.6. But annoyingly this has not resolved my problem. I then tried to pair my wife's phone which is a galaxy note 3 and although it's a much newer phone than mine. It works a treat. No problems at all.

So this now led me to think that my phone is the problem. Why? I am not sure but I have tried everything. I tried delete my bluetooth cache and data. I tried to unpaired and pair again countless times. I went and completely done a factory reset on my phone. I even then went and upgraded to the latest android lollipop operating system. But all this is still not curing my problem. The phone still connect to b&m for like 5 seconds and then disconnect.

I am not even getting the option to copy my contacts to phonebook or anything. Where when I used my wife's phone it gave me that choice. I am now all out of ideas and at wits end. Do I really need to buy a new phone???????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED.

So happy. So after all my efforts yesterday. All I had to do was delete all user data.

Using the steering controls I went into setting > user data > delete all user data.

Tried to reconnect and voila! Contacts working and calls working. Can't believe I wasted a whole day yesterday on this. But on the bright side. I managed to upgrade my firmware in the car and upgraded the os on my phone. ;)

Thanks for those who tried to help. Much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts