Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have configured my Blue and Me kit (Alfa Romeo 159SW) to pair with my treo 500v without any problems. I could place and receive calls and interact with the car system without issues.

Once I stopped the car and moved out of range, the mobile maintains the hands free headset icon on. If a call is received outside the car environment, the phone understands the bluetooth connection is not there and behaves correctly and I can use it without problems.

If I get back to the car and turn it on the bluetooth connection is not restored. Although the handset maintains the headset hands free icon visible, any call is not routed to the car audio system.

If I restart the phone (power off and power on), the connection is established without any problems and calls are made through the car hands free kit.

It looks to me the connection is not restored once the paired car kit device comes into range after having been out of range, despite the treo showing the connection to the car kit is on.

From where I stand it can either be a treo problem or a Blue&Me problem.

Did anyone come acrosssomething like this and if so are there any hints you would like to share?

Regards,

N

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a phone problem.

The problem is in the way the different BlueTooth
chipsets and stacks have been implemented.

Some of the SonyEricsson handsets had similar
issues when they first came out (e.g. K600i K800i)
and it was fixed in subsequent phone firmware updates.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've had the same issues with my Samsung D900, except turning the phone off and on again doesn't work. I'm searching a solution aswell, so if you find one, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had the same issues with my Samsung D900, except turning the phone off and on again doesn't work. I'm searching a solution aswell, so if you find one, please let me know. Thanks
With the D900 you need to authorise the device, if you go to "my devices" in the bluetooth menu, highlight blue & me, then press opions and select authorise from the drop down.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi DJB, I've got my phone authorised. I have however found that I can switch the phone off and back on to get it reconnected. Just wish it would do it automatically. Bought a chrger for the car as thought it might be a power issue, but still get the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts