Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i own a GT at the moment , but have the horn for a 159 2.0 jtdm Ti , I Have heard about this Blue and Me thing , some one said i had to buy a thing to plug
into a usb in the glove box , this has probably been talked about else where so sorry ,
my main question is , in my GT i have a aftermarket head unit in it , it has usb that i can plug a large capacity pen drive into
plus it also bluetooths to my phone . i take it this can done with stuff thats in the 159 , do Blue & Me come as standard in a Ti ?
cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
As far as I know, basic Blue and Me systems with hands-free Bluetooth calls and USB port in the glovebox were standard equipment for 159 (Ti trims will have them for sure, as these are later models with higher trim level and many optional equipment as factory standard).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Blue&Me only supports calls, and not media, over bluetooth.
There is support for USB storage, but only limited to mass storage, so no MTP or Iphone by default (there is a dongle available for Iphone).
Also the blue and me USB port doesn't load files with extended characters in file names or ID3 tags!
And it scans the contents before starting playback, which can be a pain with large collections.

It does support folders, but basically it functions the same as a MP3CD but without the need for disks.

Its not anything like an aftermarked device. I only use it for the sake of originality.

EDIT: forgot to mention, if you pull it out you will get the flashing odometer error, so if you want an aftermarket HU, you have to leave the B&M in the car and connected somewhere in your dash. The original location might interfere with your new HU so you will have to relocate it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
EDIT: forgot to mention, if you pull it out you will get the flashing odometer error, so if you want an aftermarket HU, you have to leave the B&M in the car and connected somewhere in your dash. The original location might interfere with your new HU so you will have to relocate it.

This is not an issue at all! Just need to do a 'proxy alignment' procedure in MultiEcuScan (or any other app with similar functionality). This can be done at any workshop (dealer) which works with Italian cars (Alfa, Fiat, Lancia).

I have aftermarket HU with B&M system completely removed - and no flashing odometer.

·
Registered
912 Posts
But if you have access to a program like MES you can remove it and get rid of any problems. I did this because for the life of me i can't get it to work!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really a tec guy , so what your saying i cannot connect my usb with songs to it , and use my android
phone as well , sorry to be so dumb

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Yes you can....but phone will only be connected for calls...not music. Mines like that all the time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Don't use my phone for music , just that little pen drive , and the connect the phone bluetooth for calls .

·
Registered
224 Posts
You can get a really inexpensive (about £35) bluetooth cable that plugs into the back of the stereo (my stereo is a Bosch Alfa 939 MP3 ) and makes the car think you have a cd changer, but it actually streams from your phone.

There is a much cheaper version of this for about £6, avoid that one, it doesn't work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts