Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a guided two step update and got version 7.0 on my generation 2 Blue&Me.
No change log what I could see.

Media player with iPhone seems more robust after update.
Old firmware from time to time lost media player connection. Usually it repaired itself after a couple of hours of rest or by disconnection of battery.

Anyone else that has updated?

/F

·
Registered
19 Posts
Updated yesterday. Followed the .pdf instructions as best I could. The final software installation seemed to do on forever (20+mins). Turns out I never got an 'installation complete' message.

However, it seems to have worked. Had to re-pair the bluetooth. No noticeable changes.

Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After one week of testing I find that I no longer have any connection issues with the iPhone at all. It connects to the phone very quick and autostarts the playlist if this setting is activated. For the first time it works as it should do. Only thing I miss is A2DP but I assume this is impossible with current hardware.

/F

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know, what are the improvements, beside the new phones support...?
I upgrade the version no problem, but never got the final message.... "installation complete"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone using samsung galaxy s3 (I9305) and procceded to the new update? Is there any difference with new software deserving a trial?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok, just updated to 7.0 from 6.0 on my 2nd Gen B&M Giulietta. Did the 2 step process and the no problem with the update and language (English). The only scary bit was that it never came back with the an update completed message. A few minutes into the update, the radio came back on and driver info display came back with all the normal data eg. Fuel usage. I dared not touch any of the button and just waited. 15mins went by and then I checked the Menu button and saw various options. Then, I switched off the car, removed the USB drive and switched the car back on and re-paired my iPhone 5. At this early stage, I only noticed that under the Bluetooth menu on the iPhone, 7.0 supports contact groups with options to select the various groups of my choice for sync. I did not see this option in 6.0 and earlier. More testing needed obviously.

S

·
0 Posts
I just did my 61 plate Mito.

It took about 3 mins to begin the installation and then about another 5 mins to do it. You know it's done when the menu button on your wheel starts working again and you have to re-pair your phone.

My final log.txt file looked like this:

E033
A955
LD1
UPcopyR
UPcopy
UPref
BuildOk
CABOK
UPComp
F036
LE1

·
Registered
16 Posts
I updated my Mito to V7.0, downloaded the Portuguese version, although now the woman speeks Italian!
The menus are in Portuguese, but voice in italian, tried to download again but now I only get the italian language.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Same i'm stuck on italian after trying to go to version 7.0 and I got an error 10 message.

Clearly i've not left it log enough, my log goes up to BuildOk

F036
A940
LE1
UPcopyR
UPcopy
UPref
BuildOk

The writings still in English and it still plays from my iphone 4s which is good.

Are you supposed to leave all the files from the original zip file on there, the BMConf etc? the instructions are very clear.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Fixed.

I had another bash,

• First it said "updating in progress"... after about 2 minutes the radio came back on.
  • I hit the menu button and it didnt do anything, I think this is a key indication that its still updating.
  • Another minute passed and nothing was happening
  • I then (as the instructions suggest) turned the key to off then back to Mar (Dont remove USB stick!!!)
  • After another minute 'Installation in progess' came up (Progress!!)
  • About 30-60 seconds after that "USB update complete" message appear.
  • To confirm the complete message is NOT spoken, only display for 20 or so seconds on the dash. To be fair the instructions don't say it's spoken either but reading the 6.0 thread it seems to be presumed.
  • Then I turned the key to off, removed the key and the USB stick, its now speaking english again :)

My final (and verified successful) log below

F036
A940
LE1
UPcopyR
UPcopy
UPref
BuildOk
CABOK
UPComp
F036
LE1

Performed using a 1GB USB stick on fat32 file system.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Updated successfully in the second attempt. Took the USB drive too early out at first (thanks MakeTeaNotWar for the instructions! :) ).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blue&Me Download site problem?

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has had this problem.
I have just traded-in my much-loved Alfa 156 2.0L Selespeed for a 2012 Reg Giulietta 2.0L.
But there is a problem with Blue&Me in my Giulietta.

The computer voice speaks in Italian.

(The Blue&Me system is 2nd Generation.)
I have attempted to install Software Version 7.0 to change the language to English, but there seems to be a problem with the BLUE&ME download site.

I have no trouble downloading the Blue&Me Config file, extracting it onto a memory stick, loading the file into the car and receiving the BMConf file on the memory stick.
When I upload the BMConf file, the download default language option is Italian. However, the problem is that when I change that to English the DOWNLOAD V. 7.0 UPDATE SWITCH disappears and is replaced with a START UPDATE switch which brings me back to the start of the operation again.
I can find no way to download an English language version of the update.

Has anyone any suggestions? (Apart from learning Italian!)
Ciao,
Jack Peoples

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Please ask somebody to send you their file or contact the customer support. I had the same problem when the update not finished properly and it defaulted to Italian. Luckily I had the "old" (i.e. 7.0, but downloaded earlier) version in Polish, so updated again and it works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please ask somebody to send you their file or contact the customer support. I had the same problem when the update not finished properly and it defaulted to Italian. Luckily I had the "old" (i.e. 7.0, but downloaded earlier) version in Polish, so updated again and it works.
I have contacted the website, but no reply so far.
Thanks for the suggestion about getting the file from someone who has successfully updated to v.7.0 already. (It's so crazy it might work!)

So, if someone has a zip of the v.7.0 update for Blue&Me (in English) for a Giulietta I would love to get it from you.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
It will be enough if you get the BMConf or you can look for the information how to edit this. I think it was somewhere on this forum. You can then copy, paste & download the right zip.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts