Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used 159 JTD and want to use the bluetooth features. I have the steering wheel controls for Blue and Me but when I press the handset the address book doesnt come up and when I search for devices with my phone blue and me isnt found. Does this mean I dont have the software, I'm doing something wrong, the system needs rebooting.... ?? :confused: Any help appreciated

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Sounds like B & M isn't fitted sorry. The buttons on the wheel are the same no matter what the spec.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You do have to pair Blue&Me with your phone before the two can 'see' each other.

Have you done that?

From memory the pairing option is in Media Player/Settings/User Pairing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both, I have tried pairing so maybe it isn't installed. I will contact Alfa. Out of interest do you know where I can buy Blue & Me.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thanks to you both, I have tried pairing so maybe it isn't installed. I will contact Alfa. Out of interest do you know where I can buy Blue & Me.
You can't. It can't be retro fitted.

Do you have a USB port in the glove box?

This is usually a good indicator that B&M is fitted. If you don't have one, it almost certainly isn't fitted.

N

·
0 Posts
Could be Blue only kit.

What actually comes up when you press the phone button?

·
Registered
130 Posts
If there is a USB socket in the car then B&M is fitted. If not then you need a different option.

Try the AVIC 9000 pioneer unit. Not cheap but great sat nav and phone functions

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Don't worry if it's not fitted. Parrot do an excellent ful functionality phone kit and the Loudlink jobby is one of many ways of getting MP3's onto the HU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts