Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can probably gather from the title I'm battling with a nightmare combination.

I have a 128gb iPhone 6, almost all of the space on which is taken up with music. Mine is an Apple environment, and I'm into my music so these songs are stored as ALACs.

I've recently bought a 159 which has Blue&Me installed. I quickly worked out it wasn't going to talk to my iPhone, so I bought the adaptor. Then I realised the adaptor doesn't work on the iPhone 6, so I sent it back.

After some quick research on here (and Fiat forums) I decided to convert my entire music library to MP3 (thus giving up lossless quality in the car, which is a shame as it's fitted with Bose), however it turns out Blue&Me doesn't like converted MP3s.

So now my best bet looks to be purchasing an iPod Classic and an adaptor which could live in the glovebox. However this might be a £200+ outlay for something that should be simple. Are there any better alternatives?

I'd rather not go down the aftermarket HU route if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
B&M doesn't like file names and MP3 tags with special characters and such-like.
You can use scripting software (like MP3Tag) to remove/edit this in batch mode.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Also be aware there is a 1,000 song limit if you have the type 1 blue and me (the new one got released around 2010).
Also have you tried upgrading your blue and me?!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts