Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One optional extra I am sad to have I missed out on (apart from a sunroof) was the Blue & Me option, which as far as I could tell was a USB port for your MiTo. But to this day I've been wondering what it actually does, is it just to connect your iPod/mp3 player/nerd-stick to your stereo, or does it actually double as a hands-free kit for your mobile phone?

The reason I ask is because I need to get a hands-free kit for my lil Alfie. What would you recommend, do I need to get Blue & Me fitted, or is there something else that I need instead? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

AlfaBliss :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well, as it's too late, I won't go in to details of the system.

What about getting one of the Parrott kits? They look pretty smart i think

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't the Blue & Me option be installed now, is it too much of a major job then? I guess I'll have to look up these Parrott kits - what are they then? (Soz, I'm really new to all this).

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you dont have blue and me fitted then you wont be able to add it now, as it would cost ££££££ you will need a control unit , loom e.t.c .... get your self a parrot kit if you want hands free, as im sad to say there better, the u.s.b you have is for music, mp3 e.t.c ..... if your guna use an ipod / iphone you will need an adapater for it from a dealer as it will play up other wise, its a mod they have not lot long brought out.

M

·
0 Posts
One optional extra I am sad to have I missed out on (apart from a sunroof) was the Blue & Me option, which as far as I could tell was a USB port for your MiTo. But to this day I've been wondering what it actually does, is it just to connect your iPod/mp3 player/nerd-stick to your stereo, or does it actually double as a hands-free kit for your mobile phone?

The reason I ask is because I need to get a hands-free kit for my lil Alfie. What would you recommend, do I need to get Blue & Me fitted, or is there something else that I need instead? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

AlfaBliss :)
The main feature of blue and me is the bluetooth which allows the car to connect to your mobile, and operate you phone through the car and use it has hands free. For me, when i had blue & me on my old GP - the media player never really worked properly so wasnt useful but the bluetooth was great.

Seriously doubt they can fit the system on a car which hasnt got it from build, and if possible it would be costly. When i asked for the media player to be fixed on the GP (problem was it only saw folders very occasionally and would not go out of playing songs randomly) i was told that as the car was 18 months old it was not under warrenty as things to do with the cars entertainment system was only covered for 12 months. Dealer said the expense would be such that i should not bother having it replaced.

·
Registered
497 Posts
That's a shame Matt, but to be fair, I think that the Alfa ones seem to be better sorted (firmware probably).

I did have to buy the adapter for the iphone to work, but it works brilliantly, as it also does with usb sticks. Plus when my tomtom is running, i also get the voice from that on the car speakers with the music (music dims).

The bluetooth and voice control works really well i think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts