Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've got a problem with B&M in my car Alfa Romeo 159, manufactured in 2006. If i connect a phone with android 4.4+ (I tried iPhone 5 too and there is the same problem), the car recognize it and connect it. But after a few seconds the connection is lost, a few seconds later is connection renew, a few seconds later is connection lost again... It repeats about 5-6 times and finnaly the connection is stable. (Procces to stable connection takes a few minutes.)

There is no problem with older phones (ex. android 2.3 or sony erricson W810i), but only with newer smartphones.

I read a lot of about it and I decided to update a firmware of B&M. I started to finding a USB connector and ... I can't find it. There is nothing in box in front of passanger. I try to find it across all car, but i really can't discover it.

If I ahve a stable sonnection, B&M communicate with me, I can use voice commands, I can call, I can browse phonebook or last calls, I can use buttons on stearing wheel. So, I think, I have to have a B&M :paranoid:.

Please, can you help me? Can i fix the connection problem another way than update a firmware? Where can I find a USB connector? Is it any "old B&M" without USB?

Thanks for any answers.

Tom

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Welcome to AO!

2006 means you have the earlier Bluetooth only kit. No media player.

There is a USB port visible if you remove the headunit, but no updates were ever released for this system.

Try deleting all user data, reset the system with a battery disconnect and re-pair with your phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will try it. I thought that I have any other version of the kit. So, it is not B&M actually?

And what about a battery disconnect - is 30 minutes enough?

Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, still the same problem. User data was deleted, after that battery was disconnected about 30 minutes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts