Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bluetooth is amazing, phones and texts but why can't I plug my phone in the USB and listen to my audiobooks or DAB stations!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Because Blue & Me is a dumb piece of software! Hopefully one day Fiat/Alfa will get around to adding A2dp support into the program, but meanwhile you have three options:
1) Plug an audio cable from your phone into the 3.5mm socket in the glovebox.
2) Source a Bluetooth a2dp adapter, plug that into the usb and 3.5mm sockets in the glovebox and pair it with your phone. (e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Savi...342&pid=100005&prg=1088&rk=2&sd=121093477992& )
3) Source a Bluetooth FM adapter and tune your car radio into it. Someone over on the Fiat forum has written some good instructions on doing this... Easily Add AUX to USB only Blue&Me (Alternative to Blue&Me Adaptor) - The FIAT Forum

I had an xcarlink in my old 147 which was way better than the over-complicated and under-achieving Blue & Me product which I've got in my Giulietta!
BTW I chose option '2' which is good except that you have to reach into the glovebox to turn the adapter on every time the car's been turned off for a while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmm, looks like they only added the aux port in early 2011. Is your Giulietta older than that? (BTW if it's there it's in the glovebox by the USB port, not on the head unit.)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Ah, I've got the 920 Lumia and I can't do jack for my music! Irritates me!

I'll get a new aux cable as the dog chewed mine to bits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts