Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Please excuse any ignorance or asking daft questions, I have only been an Alfa owner for 48 hours!!
My Blackberry Storm 9500 hooked up to the car perfectly, copied the address book over first time. Took me a while to work out how to find numbers via the steering wheel control, but all works well.
However, just a few questions:
When there is an incoming call, I only see the number, even if it is a current contact from my address book. Should I be able to see the name on the readout?

It also doesn't recognise the names when trying to use the voice recognition part, but I can live without that.

And finally, the usb connection. My iPod seemed to work fine, but then I noiced it was only playing or accessing the files that were regular mp3 fomats, as apposed to the usual Apple files. Is there a way of upgrading this to beable to use the whole iPod? If not I will stick my older Creative Labs mp3 in there and keep it in.

Only a few minor niggles, loving everything else so far!!!!!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Blue&Me will only recognise certain file formats (as listed in the B&M user manual) and Apple's AAC or m4a (or whatever it is) is not one of them. It will only play music that is in one of the recognised formats and ignore the rest. mp3 is probably the most convenient format to use and the only easy option is to convert your music. There is an option with iTunes to convert files to mp3 but this will only work on music that you have ripped from CD, not on the music that you have purchased through iTunes which is protected. There are free software downloads on the web though that can convert the protected stuff.

Happy converting! :thumbs:

·
Registered
259 Posts
itunes has changed recently - any tracks that I have bought in the last month or so I have been able to convert to mp3 - so worth checking.

If you right click on the track and go to get info if the file is listed as 'protected' then you can't convert it, if it isn't then go back to the track, right click and select 'create mp3 version'

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for that Mr T and Coleyflower

Just been into iTunes and managed to convert the library to mp3. Took a bit of faffing around though, neede to go into settings and change the CD download to mp3 format, this allowed the tracks to all be converted, then re-synced the iPod.

Fingers crossed that it works on the way home.
Will update later.

Cheers again.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
No prob's. :thumbs:

You may have already worked this out but when you convert files you get a duplicate copy in mp3 format. If you don't delete the original stuff your music library then takes up twice as much space as it should.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worked a treat! I have access to all the albums now. Perfect.
I transfered all the tracks to mp3 in the music library, then re-synced the iPod. This then didn't duplicate tracks it just converted them.
Am a happy bunny.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts