Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm off to view a 147 gta on Saturday. However it's bright blue. Similar blue to that of what fiat use. I didn't realise Gta's were made in this colour? It's up for a good price however when I carried out a check on the car I found it was stolen in 2006.

The car seems great value (unsure about the colour though), I've been keeping an eye out for around 4 months to purchase one and have been surprised by how much sellers are dropping prices over the weeks/months. Although there are not many around.

Any thoughts/comments on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up. That is the car I'm going to see on Saturday. A bit dubious due to the price and the fact it was stlolen/recovered.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Why doesn't he mention that it was stolen on the ad? ******s me off that does!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Put's people off even calling. It could be a good car still. I did wonder why it was so cheap, now it makes sense.
True but it's a pain in the backside when you do a HPI and find out. I would rather but upfront and put not HPI clear hence price. Contact me for details...or something like that

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree, it should have been put in the ad. I confronted the seller regarding this and he seemed straight with me. I was unsure about the car when I viewed it. Faint tick from belt area on first start up, I don't like the sat nav arrangement and the engine warning light is on. However I called auto lusso to confirm the work was carried out with reference to the reg plate, and they confirmed circa 4k spent on it, clutch, belts, q2 etc late last year....so I bought it.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
I agree, it should have been put in the ad. I confronted the seller regarding this and he seemed straight with me. I was unsure about the car when I viewed it. Faint tick from belt area on first start up, I don't like the sat nav arrangement and the engine warning light is on. However I called auto lusso to confirm the work was carried out with reference to the reg plate, and they confirmed circa 4k spent on it, clutch, belts, q2 etc late last year....so I bought it.
Well done! Hope it gives you many miles and smiles :)

Do you have any plans for further work?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Cool, I agree with confirmation of work from al you can't go wrong and can spend a bit of money tarting it up :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it for 3700 in the end. Full Mot (no advisories), receipts totalling 6k in 6months. Majority of wrk done at auto lusso. Fingers crossed it will serve me well. Averaged 32mpg on way back from hull to derby (via trip computer). Hopefully a good sign...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts