Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2001 156 2.4 jtd estate that will only rev to 3000 in all gears. I have noticed that the 15 amp fuse was blown in the fuses above the main fuse box.Replacing the fuse it blows on turning the key to the MAR position.

If I am lucky and the fuse does not blow I can drive for 10 or so miles with full engine revs (no limp mode)all fine. Then at random the fuse blows.. Anyone any ideas please.

Tony

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the handbook on page 170 fig 52 the fuse that blows is in position 11.But fuse 11 is a 7.5 amp for seizes on even with key off.ones that match 15 amp are numbers 13 and 14 protecting electronic ignition and injection system.
Also glow plug light flashes after start up. But starts very easy.

·
Registered
845 Posts
The glow plug relay has a 12 volt feed with a 15A fuse, as well as the 70? amp fuse that actually powers the plugs. The 15A fuse also powers a number of engine management components, so try completely disconnecting the glow plug relay and see if things improve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi R.T. removed 12 volt supply and fuse problem has gone .
New relay already purchased.
Thanks again .
Tony

·
Registered
845 Posts
Well you seem to have confirmed what I've been suspecting for some time: Alfa's fuse charts are works of fiction. Comedy or tragedy I'm not sure.
Hope the new relay sorts it. R.T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts