Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1998 156 2.0 t-spark. I was driving it the other day when water started spraying on my windscreen. Being the idiot I am I thought the person in front of me was washing their windscreen. Once I noticed nobody was in front of me and it was still happening I pulled over.

I noticed straight away the amount of water gushing from the front of my car.
Basically I wanted to know how easy it is to change a radiator and where the cheapest place to get hold of one is.

Ian

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
I bought a radiator for my 156 TS from ebay. I think the seller was called the Aaron radiator company.

It is quite easy to fit. I removed the front bumper, slam panel and fitted it from the top.

Make sure you save the lower elbow on the old rad, as you will need to re-use it.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Yep pretty easy I got the rad for my '98 156 TS from my local auto factors (about £100 I think), took a few hours to fit ... oh and mine came with a new lower elbow (I think anyway), I think it is luck of the draw ...

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
its more a plastic war to get the plastic stuff off !!! once the front bumper is off its a simple job, take care to bleed the system properly ! run the engine at high rpm's (in neutral) to get air out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts