Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
The head gasket on my alfa 156 jts 2004 has just blown...in the middle of a busy car park. Drove it to the mother in laws house about half a mile away. It will be in the garage in an hour but I'm wondering if its worth the money to get fixed (probly £300-400) as it is in good condition and i really like the car but would like to know if this will possibly damage other parts of the car.

Thanks, Eric
Sorry to hear this.

I guess it depends on the condition of the car and how much money spent/how well you've looked after it to date.

You would also depend on the garage in question to know their way about an alfa and give you an honest, even if hard to hear, assessment!

400quid is not a huge amount of money if you caught it early enough and nothing terminally over heated or warped....and particularly if you know have a good car there

Keep us posted
regards
Tony

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yup!
So consider that mines needs discs and pads all round. When the drivers side was stripped down...needs a caliper too (groans)
Parts alone its 250quid. If only i had the time to do this myself .

My head gasket might blow in 12 months.
Id already be too far into an outlay to NOT get in fixed(if it was fixable).

If your timing belt and pump are due, even if its 12months early, just do it all at once and itll be good as new ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.