Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I succesfully located the weak points in my exhaust after some pretty hairy driving on the country roads of Devon at the weekend. I'm now in need of a new rear silencer box (not the very back one the crooked one before that). It was definitely on its way out, as I managed to blow three holes in it in the space of only 30 miles (all at the back near the outlet pipe.

My question is, does anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement? This site (http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/bosal/) is quoting £92 for that box and the box just behind the cat. Are these two boxes always in one piece? Anyone know where might have it cheaper?

Any advice you can give would be great.

cheers

Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
D+A motor factors in Dundee (01382 228202) sold me a Walkers exhaust for a 2.0 8V, complete one piece from the cat to the tailpipe ( proper shiny letterbox type) for £ 80 + vat

M

·
0 Posts
The 8v zorst should be a 1 piece from cat back. Mine was £129 fitted from National Tyres. The 2 piece systems on the 8v are after market things so you can replace the mid section and tail sections seperately, most tyre places sell the 2 piece system but it costs nearly twice as much as the 1 piece system :eek:
The mid box and corner box always come together on the 2 piece system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts