Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hope you can help with a problem on my 156 JTD 8V sportwagon (Internal Facelift):thumbs:

A few days ago the Lamp warning light came on then went off (Only on for a few seconds)
On inspection I found a Blown dip beam bulb (H7 12v/55W)

My question is why did the warning lamp not stay on ?
How can I check if the warning lamp is OK still ?
I was expecting it to come on for a short time when the ignition is turned on but nothing happens! all the other indicators on the dash relating to lights do come on when the appropriate light is turned on.

Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
Take another bulb out and see what happens.

Is your's the facelift, where it tells you which bulb, or the basic yellow light?

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,357 Posts
Not sure about the later models, but the main headlight bulbs don't trigger the blown lamp warning on the earlier models. Front parking, rear & brake, number plates, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice so far,
I have a 2003 with the Silver centre console & Info Centre. (Not the new Front Grille)

I will try removing a brake light to see if the warning lamp works tonight.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Its based on resistance, depending on how the bulb blew it could be open circuit or completely closed, best to change bulb and check fuse and see whats what before you worry the warning system is duff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All sorted now Thanks for the Info.

I have found that only the warning lights in the Left hand POD iluminate when turning the ignition on. The Right hand POD does not seem to do a Lamp test :confused: Strange but it is an alfa :D

Tested the Faulty Light warning lamp by removing a brake bulb and pressing the Brake pedel. It iluminated every time.:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts