Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have an 155 16v and can`t run the air blower at its highest(4th). When i turn it too the highist it just stops and i have restart the motor. what can it be? Could it be a bad grounding??

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Hugio said:
Hi, i have an 155 16v and can`t run the air blower at its highest(4th). When i turn it too the highist it just stops and i have restart the motor. what can it be? Could it be a bad grounding??
I'd guess it's either the switch / connectors to the switch (the internal connectors of the switch are just pushed into the track and peened over, so they come loose and short) or the ballast resistor. I'd try fixing the ballast resistor because I think it's a bit easier to get too (well it is on a 145 anyway!) :rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm i shall try it, if i can reach it whitout to mutch work :) thanks for the help!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At last i had time too spare! But now I am even more confused. I'am not really an electrician but i found some strange things! I have checked the switch butt that wasn`t it. When i measer the voltage whitout the fan plugged in its about 9volts on the fan connector. The postion on the switch doesn`t matter except on the off postion ;) . When I plug the fan in the voltage is zero :confused: I measerd the fan it self and the omage ws about 2 What can be broken?? The fan is no longer working on non of the speeds!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Put a 12 volt positive and earth to the Fan Motor terminals and see if it runs ...........if not the motor is goosed

If it does spin then check the fuses and also check the voltage resistor for the fan motor

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fan motor works and the rheostat also seems to work! Maybe its something before the switch thing cause position no4 never worked! where are the fuses located??

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found it! It was à relay! After i sheared for a long time in the wrong place! Never know there was a relay by the radiator :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts