Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the new year holiday I painted the living room, dining room, kitchen, utility room, and cloakroom.

Went back to work Wednesday, but the wife wanted the bedroom and the hallway painted. Havn't felt like painting after work, but promised to find time to do it.

Came home tonight to find the wife had attempted to paint the bedroom !!!!!!!! :(

Patchy paint, white skirting painted over, artex ceiling painted on, brush and roller left with paint on (drying), paint on carpet, and she only attempted one wall :rolleyes:

Why couldn't she just leave it for once !!!!!!!

Aaarrgghhhh !!!!!!

I'm on the Cider and getting drunk tonight.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I know that feeling :(

R

·
0 Posts
Lol my wife asked me to sort the tiles on the floor in our kitchen as they were not quite straight (yes they blooming well were) any way i surprised her today when she came home they were well and truly fixed i lifted them and have left them in a pile for her to put down straight over the weekend :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol my wife asked me to sort the tiles on the floor in our kitchen as they were not quite straight (yes they blooming well were) any way i surprised her today when she came home they were well and truly fixed i lifted them and have left them in a pile for her to put down straight over the weekend :lol:
:lol: Thats cheered me up !!!! :lol:

O

·
0 Posts
My wife genrally does the decorating - miles better at it than me - or rather much quicker!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Just be glad I didn't do it for you.

I like the method of a small explosive in the paint tins and run from the room. Makes nice effect ;) :lol:

EDIT: omg my typing has gone to pot lol

M

·
0 Posts
My wife's an expert at everything: especially at those things she's never done.

·
Registered
24,519 Posts
They are all the same if it's any consolation. Wives are nature's own supervisors and inspectors. They come up with the lists of work that suck up your holidays and any "spare" time then pick fault in it and claim you don't do enough around the house in th enext breath!:lol:

:lol: I wish my wife would lift a paint brush
Yup, me too.

Yes mate i am, i could not possibly get them tiles down straight without her :lol:
:lol:

My wife's an expert at everything: especially at those things she's never done.
True, true!:cheese:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
My wife's a good cook, and clever too:): My daughter is a good seamstress.:): Blokes, me ,son-in-law, grandson, practivists. Works well.:):

Never let the sweetheart near my painting gear, tools, or owt' in the garage/wokshop.:(:

V

·
0 Posts
Gf Annie is a great cook in any style and she paints really well too.

All that's left for me to do is the 'blokey' and mysterious stuff that girlies don't understand, like a bit of wiring here and there, installing things (without reading the manual of course), drilling holes in the wall and hanging things, very basic plumbing and currently, helping her to choose, plan and connect up her new TV and surround system.

I'm very good at standing back to admire any handiwork too, whether it be hers or mine! :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She is pretty good at DIY apart from the boredom factor -only ever does half a job before moving onto the next
Sounds very familiar, in their mind every job can be done in 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts

·
Registered
16,125 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I wouldn't let a fella near the walls in my house! Have always done the emulsioning, glosswork, plastering etc myself - I do a far better job :D ;)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wouldn't let a fella near the walls in my house! Have always done the emulsioning, glosswork, plastering etc myself - I do a far better job :D ;)
Shame your so far away, still got to do the other bedrooms !! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts