Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you do with central heating engineers who book a date to come and instal and new boiler and then don't turn up. What bloody wasters !

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I used a local guy down here near the Medway towns. I don't know if he goes up to London, but I could give you the details if you need them. Time is running short and Winter is getting it's claws into us.

A

·
0 Posts
Thats London for you..and here am I working as a heating engineer for a medium/large company (15 local authority and housing association contracts) and wondering if I should set up on my own.

Its interesting though. Under our contracts if we fail to show up at the agreed time we have to pay the Housing Associations a penalty fine.

There do seem to be shortages of decent engineers in some places. Frankly I don't fancy London as the parking is a nightmare, and vans get done over etc etc.

Once this credit crunch business hopefully settles I might look at going it alone...What do the team think..should I or shouldn't I.

Incidentally, If they do show up, I'd politely tell them to p*ss off. They could have called you and are obviously cowboys if they coudn't be bothered.

Whats wrong with the old boiler?

AlfaLincs

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,310 Posts
Once this credit crunch business hopefully settles I might look at going it alone...What do the team think..should I or shouldn't I.

I
AlfaLincs
:thumbs: Get set up AL, I fear it will not be too long before my old back boiler needs replacing with something else and trying to find anyone willing and able is a nightmare.

PS. I think a good drop of Scotch works well for numbing toothache, followed by a trip to Roseberry Ave.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts