Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an email. It's addressed to a lot of people. I need all of those people in a distribution list.
Surely I don't have to enter them all, one-by-one? It really can't be that useless, can it?

Someone tell me I'm missing something, and there's a simple way to turn a list of addresses into a distribution list, please.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I've got an email. It's addressed to a lot of people. I need all of those people in a distribution list.
Surely I don't have to enter them all, one-by-one? It really can't be that useless, can it?

Someone tell me I'm missing something, and there's a simple way to turn a list of addresses into a distribution list, please.
Reply to all ??? ;) :p

·
Registered
763 Posts
quickest way - assuming you want to create a distribution list for reuse later...

Open the email with all the addresses you need.
At the top of the email is the list - highlight all the emails you need from them, right click and COPY (or just CTRL-C)
Now in contacts select New Distribution List, and set it's name
Click on Select Members, and at the bottom is a text box next to a button with "Members ->". Select this
Then Paste in the emails (CTRL-V) and hit OK
Remember to save your list
And Done.

If doing a public list make sure you add yourself ;)

N

·
0 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can have distribution lists, but I've never used them.

Outlook is just a big sack of poo poo, imho.

In 2007 help is says you can

Microsoft Help said:
Create a distribution list by copying names from an e-mail message

In the message that you want to copy the names from, select the names in the To or Cc box
(To, Cc, and Bcc boxes: A message is sent to the recipients in the To box. Recipients in the
Cc (carbon copy) and Bcc (blind carbon copy) boxes also get the message; however, the
names of the recipients in the Bcc box aren't visible to other recipients.).

Right-click your selection, and then click Copy on the shortcut menu.

Click the Microsoft Office Button, and under Create New Outlook Item, click Distribution list.

On the Distribution List tab, in the Members group, click Select Members.

At the bottom of the Select Members dialog box, in the Members box, right-click and
then click Paste on the shortcut menu.

Note A member does not need to be in your Address Book in order to be added to the
distribution list. The member's name and e-mail address will be included when you copy
and paste from the original e-mail message.

Click OK.

In the Name box, type a name for the distribution list.

On the Distribution List tab, in the Actions group, click Save & Close.

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the problem is that our outlook is slightly modified for internal use, so the 'select members' page is slightly different. I can't type in multiple names exactly where rikd suggests, as it is purely a look-up box.

However, it turns out that I can type directly into the box which this look-up populates, which I hadn't realisd before, so all is sorted. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts