Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody hell, seems I was doing 36mph in a 30mph zone,bloody Portway in Bristol.
It has 40mph section with big yellow camera's then about 100yds @30mph then back up to 40mph . What annoys me the most it was a "Manual Detection", some slimey fat barsteward sneaking around like some pervert:cheese:Ah fell better now , bye bye £60 & hello 3 points !:cry:

I know ,I know all my own fault:rolleyes:

·
Registered
161 Posts
It has 40mph section with big yellow camera's then about 100yds @30mph then back up to 40mph . What annoys me the most it was a "Manual Detection", some slimey fat barsteward sneaking around like some pervert:cheese:Ah fell better now , bye bye £60 & hello 3 points !:cry:

:cheese: pervert !! lol

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A tip - always drive with the sunvisors down. The normal cameras won't be able to see your face. Then deny that you were there - your car was probably cloned, honest.
If I had this, I would contest it and send in a pic my car with the skanky dealer numberplates that were fitted when I got it (I bought new ones straight away), a GB sticker etc. They then have to prove it was me.

Yes, it's dishonest but on a scale of 1-10 of disgusting, underhand thieving it's nothing like as bad as what these *******os are up to.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
We don't have a system of points here yet but they are all out to top up the end of year 'Budget' 'coz fines are actually budgeted in this country and they all have a certain quota to keep:tut: allthough they will NEVER admit it.
I gave one a rollocking for leaving a parking ticket on my car the other day when I have a permanent resident sticker and pay good money to park my car where it was.
She told me she was too small to see in the window (Land Rover) and thought she would give me one anyway which I could contest if I liked........ Bloody hell. She walks down the same street every singly day and sees my car every single day..... why today? And if she had just walked up a bit closer the sticker would have been at nose height for her.
Just happens to be a she, I would have been rude with a he.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A tip - always drive with the sunvisors down. The normal cameras won't be able to see your face. Then deny that you were there - your car was probably cloned, honest.
If I had this, I would contest it and send in a pic my car with the skanky dealer numberplates that were fitted when I got it (I bought new ones straight away), a GB sticker etc. They then have to prove it was me.

Yes, it's dishonest but on a scale of 1-10 of disgusting, underhand thieving it's nothing like as bad as what these *******os are up to.
With effort they can prove it was you. They can trace back CCTV footage until they do get a shot of you. I believe this has been successfully done with examples of biker pillions covering number plates with their hands etc

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i know where you are referring to......in the 80's we used to go down the portway at nothing less than 60 and that felt slow

·
Registered
44,668 Posts
That's unlucky, a lot of police forces give 10% + 2mph which in a 30 zone would give you 35mph. Getting done for 36 in a 30 is so unlucky, I don't condone speeding but unlucky.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the sentiment alfadrivingfan but it was'nt unlucky it was stupidity on my part. I thought I was in a 40mph road when in reality it changes to 30mph for I guess about 200yds then changes back to 40mph,daydreaming again lol.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I do wonder though sometimes if these short stretches where the speed limit is lower are there to catch people out. If it was about speeding (rather than money) surely it would make more sense to catch people going over the higher 40 limit rather than a speed that was perfectly legal a few yards back/ahead?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts