Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I dont know, I've been having a slight problem with my maserati stuttering & generally messing about & the other day it was just bogging down all the time , so I sent the ECU over to that place in Filton near Mod & Europarts they have a machine that can read the Ecu or Ecu's on the .

Anyway not good news at all, one is beyond repair & the other ,well they are teeth sucking about that one too so I'm worried now.

Its seems that water has been getting into the Ecu's from the bulkhead because a Grommet has perished over the years & its buggered them.
So I am a bit fed up, I was thinking of selling the M3 but I may now have this sorted & sell them both & get an old E55 barge to float around in.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Sad that is mate!:(: Still at least motors ageing can sometimes be sorted when the bits are found. Not like the old human bod, which finally becomes unrepairable?:(:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ring Meridian Maserati as they know a lad David Eskew and he breaks them and is very reasonable, hope this helps

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou ,yes I know David I have bought many parts for my old 430 track Masser from him.

Its just so Typical I have not skimped on this car ,I have bills over the past 5 years of around £9700.
The garage I use are great , no its just one of those things, a grommet/rubber plug on the Bulkhead which is hidden from both sides ,you would never see it unless you were up under the passenger footwell & the trim off or again the trim off & the wiper motor moved to see it in the engine bay ??? It looks as though it may be brittle due to heat from the engine bay what ever its a pain.
It wont be cheap thats the only thing i know!
One of my son's freinds has suggested using some sort of "PiggyBack "aftermarket ECU ?? not to sure about this idea he says its a really good thing as it will be cheaper than a maserati ECU (No argument there) & there is far more scope to tune it properly .
Well I may look into this ,anyone here heard of these ?

Thanks lads for your input :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can't use a piggyback:( Unfortunetly as they run off your standard ECU which is dead as you say:( So it will have to be full standalone system like a Motec or a Omex, Gem's or VEMS unit. All pricey but worth it as they can fine tune your engine. Motec being the best really but certainly not the cheapest.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,151 Posts
Sorry to hear this - Ghibli's belong on the road, not waiting for resuscitation in a shed somewhere...
Hope you can get it fixed for an acceptable budget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts