Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am desperately trying to get my new website finished and what do I get?????Bloody customers constantly phoning me asking daft bloody questions about their sites :mad:

I may put in my T&C's that if they call up with a stupid question I have the right to charge an extortionate amount for my time :lol:

but on the plus side at least now I'm finished and when I make my millions off this I can tell them to take a hike :lol:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Haha!!

Site looks pretty damn good (when I seen it previously!) and really hope it all works out for you! :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha!!

Site looks pretty damn good (when I seen it previously!) and really hope it all works out for you! :thumbs:
Well its live now and within first 5 hours I've had 11 people register :thumbs:

Fingers crossed mate........this time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kart Superstore

hopefully the mods wont mind as its non profit and doesnt apply to alfa's :D

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you into karts v6? Just seen that you have registered :)

V

·
0 Posts
you into karts v6? Just seen that you have registered :)
i like karting, been a few times but never really thought about buying one and running in a season or something?

whats the average cost for a race? i suppose as with all things motorsport you can spend as much as you like but whats the minimum you'd be looking at?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
depends what class you want to race in, but you can buy a bog standard second hand kart for around £1500 and race entry fees are usually between £40 and £50, that will get you 3 heats and a final, usually 9-10 rounds a year. If you can find a club close enough you can do a whole first season (including buying the kart) for around £2500, the next year it will drop :thumbs:

these are what I race YouTube - Karting - Kart 250 onboard

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
V

·
0 Posts
:wow: thats awesome :wow:

i've never seen or even heard of karts on a street circuit before.

what sort of bhp per ton are they, they look bonkers fast!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:wow: thats awesome :wow:

i've never seen or even heard of karts on a street circuit before.

what sort of bhp per ton are they, they look bonkers fast!
about 65-70 bhp for div 2, about 90 bhp for div 1

the karts weight about 115 kg

so div 2 is about 600bhp per ton and div 1 is about 800 bhp per ton

V

·
0 Posts
bloody hell thats mental, what sort of 0 - 60 time do you get from yours ?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bloody hell thats mental, what sort of 0 - 60 time do you get from yours ?
mines geared for short circuit (maxing out at about 100) so its a shade over 2 secs for 0-60,

100-0 is 2 secs though (on a nice hot day) when we do long circuit we gear them for around 150 mph (depending on the curcuit) so then you are looking more like 3-3.5 secs for 0-60

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you would have to travel down to Exeter way but you are more than welcome to come have a play in mine on a practice day, to see if you fancy taking it further

V

·
0 Posts
very :cool:

although it is very tempting and i know how much fun it is just to do the arrive and drive sessions, i dont think i have the talent

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
very :cool:

although it is very tempting and i know how much fun it is just to do the arrive and drive sessions, i dont think i have the talent
its not an arrive and drive, it would be a club practice day, on the track with the other guys, no cost to you, and you never know if you have the talent unless you try

1 - 20 of 25 Posts